Hi, guys. My friend was diagnosed cystic mesothelioma. She was examined through some serious tests since diagnosing cystic mesothelioma is not an easy job. I would like to know what life expectancy is for persons with this disease. I must admit that I am concerned about my friend. I would really appreciate all your replies.

Hello. You don't need to worry too much. Cystic mesothelioma is a benign form of tumor. Its short-term prognosis is pretty good unlike malignant mesothelioma. It usually appears with young women and they don't have some larger consequences. However, clinical studies and trials for long term effect of this tumor are not available. So, I can't give you prognosis regarding a whole lifetime, especially if your friend is young. Talk to her doctor. He might know something more. I hope everything will be all right.