Hi, guys. I have recently heard that our neighbor has malignant mesothelioma. I must admit that I haven't heard about this disease before and I was hoping to find out something more here. I would really appreciate if someone could reply to my post. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hi, there. Mesothelioma is a form of cancer. It is appears on mesothel. Mesothel is a form of epithelium which is between two layers of pericardium, peritoneum and pleura. Pleura comes around lungs, peritoneum comes around abdominal cavity and pericardium comes around heart. Those cavities are called serous cavities. Malignant mesothelioma has three forms: pericardial, peritoneal and pleural. All mesotheliomas are malignant. The most important factor is fibrous minerals, especially asbestos. I hope this is enough info for you. If you want to know anything more, don't hesitate to ask.