Hi, I was recently cleaning up my drug cabinet when I came across a container that didnt have any label on it. In side I found some tablets that had letters MLX and numbers 152 engraved on them. I was wondering if you can tell me what these tablets might be. Can I still use them?

Hi, you have probably found a drug whose active ingredient is paracetamol. This is a very common drug that is used as analgesic and antipyretic. This means that paracetamol can help you when you have high fever or feel mild pain such as headaches. Paracetamol is much milder to your stomach than aspirin or ibuprofen, but it doesnt have anti-inflammatory characteristics of these drugs. So it is basically a pain killer. Paracetamol is fairly safe to use in the quantities prescribed by the doctor. However, since the tablets you have found in your drug cabinet are not labeled I would say that there is a great chance they are out of date. That is why I would recommend you to throw them away. If you try to use them, you may not get the desired effect, or you may suffer even more serious consequences.