I have been sick for 4 weeks. I had a bad panic attack and when I woke up the next morning I was feeling awful. No appetite, extreme fatigue, diarrhea of and on. I have been to the Dr several times, blood test are all normal except for a slightly elevated liver enzymes, but nothing alarming. I have acidy gurgly stomach so they game me medication for that. However I have zero appetite and have lost 20lbs. Ultrasound of gallbladder was fine. no lyme disease, no fever no swollen glands.

I am going to see a GI dr this week, and I starting to get worried that I have some type of cancer. They are treating me with clonazapham and lexapro for the anxiety. They even tested me for addisons and I am in the normal ranges. Any one have any ideas?

What's your sex, age and weight? Also are you under any extreme stress or in a bad relationship?

Cheers
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am 49 female and I am not in a relationship. Work has been very stressful over the last 3 months.

As I thought. Stress can have very bad effects on the body. If your able too, change your job. Most likely you can't so I suggest a more rigid diet. Remove refined sugars and focus on fresh foods, and try to workout for at least 15-30 minutes a day.

Are you smoking or drinking at all? Also ask your doctor about a mild sedative like APO-LORAZEPAM, it will help with short term stress.

Cheers

At this point I have been too fatigued to even work. I am currently taking clonazpham and lexapro to manage the panic, which is pretty much under control. I just cannot eat. I get it in my mouth and just can't get it down. I have been surving on ensure, pedialite and water. I tried using whey powder in milk, but it made my stomach issues worse. Today I have been trying to force myself to drink chicken broth every two hours. It stays down but i really just don't want to eat, and I need to sleep several times during the day and still sleep through the night

Well there's part of your answer. I don't know what kinda doctors prescribe this stuff but it's brutal. Let me ask you, how bad was your situation before you started these two drugs?

Personally, I would have you clean up your diet first, go sugar and yeast free, then start working out and see if you start feeling any better before giving out these meds.

How long have you been on these medications?

Regards,
Dan

I have been on the clonazapham for about 2 weeks and the lexapro for 4 days. they also gave me zantac for the acid stomach, which does seem to help. I just feel this weakness in my arms and legs and I don't have the energy to exercise right now. I have tried to push past it and walk but I can't do more than a block without getting really fatigued. i also have tried swimming and that fatigues me too.

could the medications be making me feel so crappy?

Yes the medications are definitely making you feel worse. Its not bad to find another doctor and get a second opinion, alot of people feel bad to do this because they feel almost like they're cheating or something. I would keep looking around for more natural solutions to your problems because when you get into these types of medications there's a lot of complications that can be much worse then your initial problems.

Based on what you've told me the doctor has already begun the typical American med cycle....prescribe medications, then prescribe more medications to treat the side effects of the previous medications....its a ridiculous cycle, and its best to get off it before it gets really bad.

Find another doctor and get a second opinion.

Regards,
Dan

what concerns me is the sympthoms of loss of appetite and fatigue began before I started the medications. I have seen a psychiatrist who is in to alternative treatments. She had me do a saliva test, for adrenal fatigue. I do not have those results yet. The first two weeks I was sick they thought it was something viral but I just did not get any better. The doc wanted to do an abdominal and pelvic ct, but the insurance co denied it at this time. I think he is sending me to the gi doc in hopes of getting this done at least to rule things out. I had my first panic attack about 5 years ago and found out I was going into menapause. I am now post menapausal and I had not had a panic attack in almost 3 years. I just suddenly started kicking up again in May, but I used alprazalam and other behavioral techniques to control the panic. I just don't understand how having one bad panic attack could have sent me into such a downward spiral.

What kind of work do you do? Also have you tried meditation and focusing on how you want your life to be?

Regards

I supervise a minimum security mens prison. Yes I have been meditating several times a day. I also have a friend that came to see me and we did a cellular release. She also is a healer and used crystals and stones on my body and did some healing touch on my head and solar plexus. Her intuition is that I am in a phase of transformation and that I need exactly what you have suggested....to evaluate my current life choices and the healing will happen. thanks Dan

Mary

Well the reality of your situation is quite clear now. If you have paltalk, I'm part of a healing circle group that meets and talks on tuesdays at 8pm. If you have paltalk or would like to come, just download the free version and add me, dnp_trav and message me on tuesday when you see me come online and I'll point you to the group.

Its pretty powerful and I've seen some amazing changes in people through this. You'll be in my prayers.

Regards
Dan

I am in the central time zone is the time still the same? I did the download and I will add you. thanks for the the support...my friend was right we all have guardian angels and we just need to ask for what we need:)

Mary

I'm in Toronto "eastern time" I'm also terrible with time zones but it's 11:15 at this time if that helps.

Talk to ya soon Mary

Regards
Dan