My brother was diagnosed with RP around 10 years ago.No one else in our family has this problem. Despite taking Vit A as prescribed regularly, the problem has not been arrested and he can feel peripheral loss of vision now. He is around 50 yrs old. Can anyone suggest a cure or a way by which further deterioration can be arrested?

I know it has been a while, but I was concerned as to how your brothers eyes are. Has he lost more vision or has it seemed to stabilize. my friend has recently been diagnosed and I am praying for answers.

my girlfriend had been diagnosed with this just at 21 although she can tell no signs at the minute test show early stages. how old was your brother when he was diagnosed and how is his vision now he is 50. Is there hope she may still keep vision till later in life. i dont fully understand this and im very scared. alot of web sites give very rough undestanding and doctors dont seem all that concerneed although she has been prescribed tablets to remove water from the back of her eyes and insight will be greatly appreciated

My husband is also afflicted with this horrible disease. He is 42 and has only 3% total vision left. Yes, there is a cure! Bad news is, the ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** at the FDA don't feel the blind are worth saving. We went to see Dr. Chow in Chicago. He developed a microchip which has enabled all 46 of the recipients to regrow retinal cells, in turn, these lucky 46 have had their vision restored. Here is the most infuriating part of this sad story, these microchip miracles are sitting in a box in storage. Why? Because the FDA has taken away our freedom to choose what goes in our very own bodies. Dr. Chow and his brother, an engineer, created this microchip in 1980.....yes I said 1980! After successfully participating in all requirements the idiots at the FDA asked, our wonderful government decided to raise the stakes and make the 3rd and final leg of the study totally unattainable, due to cost, time and a total misunderstanding of RP. There are other implants and contraptions for RP patients, but the most you are going to see is shapes and shadows. This is horrible, but I wish just one of the idiots at the FDA had RP and spent all their time searching for hope, only left to discover that the key to this hope is sitting in a box collecting dust. Lets see how excited they would get over seeing shapes and shadows. Dr. Chow is an amazing man. He has given his career to this disease and repaid with a slap in the face. The clock is ticking........the chip can only be put in if you have retinal cells left to regenerate. I wish everyone who is afflicted with this disease the best of luck and God bless Dr. Chow!

i am eighteen years old and as a senior in highschool i was diagnosed with retinitus pigmentosa. i now have 5 degree tunnel vision and have no night vision. my eye doctor in rochester mn told me he believes there will be a cure within the next 7 years...i believe there are many things like that out there to cure retinitus pigmentosa but the the fda is corrupt. all they look for is the money. tell me how they can approve of additives to our food such as aspirtane and monosodiumgludimate but they dont approve of cures of one of the most terrible eye diseases...its complete BS. rp has taken over my life and limited the things i want to do in my life. if they could only see what us people with rp see then maybe they would understand. i have also heard rumors of stem cell being an option but its not funded by the government...in my opinion i think the government needs to stop spending money on stupid sh*t such as the iraq war...space exploration and focas on people... but anyways ive heard that china or possibly other countries are doing stem cell with retinitus pigmentosa. if anyone has any confirmation of that or any other big news envolving retinitus pigmentosa please contact me at 15078297710

Look into Dunaleilla Bardawil.  Research in Israel looks promising.

I have just discovered DMSO 4 nights ago that it cures retintis pigmentosa, but there is not many information on that. I am awaiting a reply from a moderator on DMSO website before i can order a bottle of DMSO since I need to know what type of DMSO. i have Ushers Syndrome that includes RP and deafness. I am desperately trying to find cure too! I felt as if God led me to DMSO, so that may be the answer. Good luck!

hi there, have you heard back from them?

Have you heard back from the moderator?

I was just diagnosed with RP, Im 48 years old and Im in total shock.. since I live in Israel I will check out the info you provided - thanks

I will thanks

Thanks im going to try it this gives us hope

excuse my ignorance..this whole subject is new to me..what is DMSO?

It works as an anti inflammatory. Excellent on degenerative diseases. You purchase it from feed stores. It is legal for animal use. A teaspoon in a half cup of water four times a day usually does it.

There is a remedy on page 69 of "DMSO Nature's Healer" by Dr. Morton Walker. 1993