Sooo, I have a question. I am an avid runner running 5-6 days per week with a history of running 100 mile and 50 mile races ( haven't run one in years since I'm now a full time nursing student, but I'm running a 50K race next month!)
My question is, why is there such a variance in runner's body composition? We've all seen the pudgy male or female runner that booking on the trail or road, and not really seeming to be having any trouble. Then, there's the skinny girl or guy that's needing to take a walk.

Anyone have ANY ideas why this may be??

Thanks!
Lisa :wavey:

Conditioning, general fitness, willpower, mental attitude.

yes, all the things you named are what makes up a runner, and a person's, drive to live life and run. However, it still perplexes me!

Happy running
L

Why? There are very out of shape skinny people. There are aerobically in-shape overweight people. If running was just a function of weight, I'd have at least a couple gold medals by now.