Where do you see your running in 5 years? Not so much goals, but a realistic prediction of your running status. What times do you see yourself running? Still setting PRs? Increasing mileage? Backing off due to other things in life? What distances will you be focusing on?

I'll be pleased to just still be running honestly. Injuries have had me down so much the past couple years it's hard to see the future.

I would like to see me having dropped 20 lbs and competing nicely in the masters range. 10K to the marathon.

I'm not sure...if other priorities in life fail to stop me, if I train consistently without injury and judging from where I am right now, I may be close to my peak/potential within 5-6 years' time. Ill probably be focusing on the longer distances from 10k to marathons, maybe even an ultra...Mileage? If my genetics allows me, perhaps 100+ mpw?
Then and again, it's the ideal situation but reality always has its twists...

I see myself being at the top of my game. I'll have tons of race experience and will have plenty of training under my belt. My youngest will be out of high school by then, so I'll have more free time (assuming I don't have grandkids by then 8O ).

I'm sure I'll move up to longer distances and I'll probably take up swimming again.

Should be fun to come back in 5 years and read this.

I hope to be very competetive at the age group level. I'm guessing I'm going to peak in the next couple of years as far as setting pr's due to my age . Hopefully smarter training over the next couple of years allows me to pr every distance.

I see myself having already run a marathon (probably not two). I see my 5k times being sub 7 minutes per mile and approaching my personal bests in college. My 8k will not be at my college level, but I should be able to get it back down to the 36 minute range. I'll have started to do speed work on a track.

I want to be setting PRs and consistently finishing in the upper 25% of my age group for 10ks and halfs. I want to consistently place in my age group for tris.

It'll take a LOT of work, but I think it is a realistic goal.

I can barely think 5 weeks ahead, not to mention 5 years. Within the next 5 years I think the following is likely:
- complete an Ironman
- consistently do tris for fun, but sticking to sprint/oly distance primarily
- complete an ultra
- do another 15-20 marathons, and countless races of shorter distances

I've had a great year, with my times steadily coming down. I know this streak won't continue forever, so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Ever so much the optimist, I'll turn 40 in the next 5-yrs and plan to hit that age bracket on fire. I'm backburnering marathons right now but have the pipedreams of a Boston qualifying time and a NYCM guaranteed entry qualifying time. A few years of smart training, s/b in the realm of possibility.

KONA!

I will get my spot, I will get my spot.

Sheldon

In 5 years I'll be 42 years old, so I imagine my PR days will be behind me. I think my peak is probably 2 years away, and I'll probably keep doing serious running into my 40's to compete well as the masters level. By the time I'm 42, I'm guessing I'll be tired of doing high mileage and I'll probably down to 50-60 mpw. I'll probably be happy mixing it up in the local road race scene with 16 minute 5K's, but not thinking about really racing fast anymore.

I will be pushing 40 in 5 years. I hope to be into my 4th or 5th 100 miler ultra. Hopefully running 1 - 2 marathons a year.

Healthy.

In 5 years, I'll be almost 29. I hope to be prime for marathons with my PR now being down around 2:30.

I hope to have 4-5 100+ 24hr ultras in and hopefully Leadville, Western States, or Badwater on the horizon (if not already completed).

Oh. Kona on the horizon as well?

In 5 years I'll be done competing. I hope I will have settled into a running for the sheer joy of it and trying different things, hopefully a few tris.....maybe playing some tennis and golf. In 5 years, I expect that my entire family will be beating me in the local 5k runs :)