Let's hear why you like running. You can give multiple reasons. I'm sure most of us have more than one reason.

Me? I like the way I feel when I'm out running (except on LSD days). The blood pumping and the sweat rolling. Makes me feel more alive! I like the competitive aspects of racing, too.

Good question. I started running to keep from smoking (and it has worked!). Now I run to feel better. I like the way I feel after a run. The runners high is great and the feeling of accomplishment. When I am out there running, I get a vacation from life.

I was a swimmer and cyclist and added running to compete in triathlon. Now I can also say I am a marathoner :)

Stress relief

Because I can!
I don't need a membership, or a specific time or place, or a whole bunch of equipment, or any other stuff. I can leave from my front door and turn left or right. I can go short or long, fast or slow, pretty much anywhere!
Even if I were to run the exact same route at the exact same time every day, it would still be different every day.
The most versatile type of exercise and the most easy: left, right, left, right...

why???

because when i run, i am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

i like being free.
i feel like a sweaty child again.

i kinda like that finish line stuff too :P

hey, i can do more than make meals, tuck in, run errands, clean house, volunteer, attend church, do the soccer thing, wash clothes, talk to doctors, fill prescriptions, do homework, tutor, take NAPS, chauffeur kids, grocery shop, take care of kitties, and get my botox on......

i can run.

sure beats watching tv
been doing it for so long
like the way i feel
like to see how i am progressing in training by running races
see how consistent i am doing
like the races
love the shirts
love the gear
love the friends i made
love to talk to others about it
it is part of who i am
i love when people ask me about it
i love to talk about it
i love that i am in elite company in running
i love that my weight has only changed by a few pounds in 11 years
i love that i have uniforms from my old job from 9 years ago that have worn out to been outgrown
i love going to new places and seeing it from a running perspective

i love to run because it feels good

I run because I'm in love with it. It gave me a great body and helped me to get out of my prison, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Even a sucky run beats any other kind of exercise for me, except lifting... I like lifting because I like to feel strong, but nothing makes me feel strong like running does.

I love running because it doesn't require anything except getting going, and I love the time it gives me to think and work things out and de-stress, that, let's face it, if more adults had they'd function better.

I feel very lucky that I found running. It saved my pathetic life.

wow
i agree especially with the sucky run
i would rather have a sucky run than no run

wow
i agree especially with the sucky run

Mega Ditto's there.

I 've been running for almost 25 years. I do it because I love it, it makes me feel good, and it comes natural to me, like breathing.. don't know how else to discribe it!
I was born a runner--I will die a runner.

endorphins! :D

---
megawill

I run because I can. Because I was once so sick that my doctor told me I'd never be able to do any of the active things I used to do, and that I just had to suck it up and deal with the fact that my life had changed forever.

That wasn't a good enough answer. So I started running again. Now, I am still really slow, which bothers me, but I love it, especially the LSD runs. I'm not much for short distance anymore but the long ones just really let me push myself and every mile I run I sneer at those who said I couldn't.

-I personally enjoy that feeling of getting your ass kicked (figuratively)...That feeling where you're just completely broken down after a run...it revives me.

-My runs get me away and allow me to have conversations with God.

-I also love to run, cuz 99% of the people I know won't or can't do it for their own reasons.

-Two-words: muffin-ass

There are alot of risk factors in my family for early health problems. I have high cholesterol, and someone has died from almost every possible health-related problem. I want to be around to see my children's children grow up, and then some.

My quote over at CR was:

I run because it makes me look, feel, and act younger than I am.