I began YAZ on November 1st. This is the first time I have ever been on birth control. About 2 weeks into taking it, I began spotting. Sometimes light and sometimes really heavy. That continued on and off until I got my period, during the placebo week. After my period was over, I was fine for about 2 more weeks. Then I began to spot again, the same as before. Sometimes light and sometimes really heavy. I spotted up until the day I took the placebo pills. The day I started the placebo pills, I stopped bleeding and didn't get my period. The placebo pills were for last Wed-Sat. On Sunday, 2 days ago, I began the new pack and I still haven't gotten my period. The last time that I had sex was 2 weeks ago. I am unsure if my period hasn't come yet because I have only been on the pill for 2 months (January will be my 3rd month) or if I could be pregnant. Also, is this continuous on & off again spotting most likely related to just starting YAZ and my body getting used to it? I am new to this stuff and any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I took Yazmin 28 for about 1 year and a half straight to regulate my period and it did. However, I gained weight and stopped taking them for about 3 months. Suddenly my period went away again.

My doctor told me to start YAZ because it was a lighter dose. I haven't even completed my 2nd week and I already starting spotting. I feel like if I have a light period or something. I got the headache, the breakout and the bloatedness which I usualy get during my period week.

Hopefully this is just during the start as I get accustommed to it.

You're not alone. :?

I've also been on Yaz for 3 months and noticed a lighter flow in the past two months. I also didn't really have a period this month. On the day I was expecting my period, it "sort of" came in the form of an extremely light flow. This lasted maybe 2-3 days and scared the heck out of me! Thanks for your posts-- they really calmed my nerves...that and the negative pregnancy test!

i've been on yaz for 9 months with break through bleeding as you have described. for the past two months, i have not had a period at all and the break through bleeding has stopped as well. my doctor said that the uterine lining sometimes becomes so thin that there is no period. also negative pregnancy tests.

I just started on YAZ and have had my period for 11 days with daily cramps and i've never been this hungry! im quitting!

I was on Yasmin28 for almost a year and it worked perfectly to regulate my period and reduce cramps. Then my gyn switched me to Yaz just to try something new, and it was the biggest mistake ever. Yaz made me crazy and psycho; i was moody all the time and was just plain rude to people. Also i started becoming depressed, and i had no desire for sex either. Then, right before my placebo period was due i had severe cramps and fainted from the pain and went to the ER. I got my placebo period a couple of days later, but it didn't end for 3 or 4 weeks! It was mostly spotting, or breakthrough bleeding, but it was awful. Totally ruined my sex life with my boyfriend of 2 years. The day i started my new birth control (Orthonovum 7/7/7) everyone around me noticed a change -- i was happier more consistently and was no longer depressed. My sex life has gotten so much better, mostly because i finally want sex again! Overall, starting on Yaz was the biggest mistake i've ever made. By the way, i am 18 and have been on different birth controls for almost 4 years now.

I've recommended to all of my friends to not take Yaz or to start something new right away, because you never know when these things could start. Most of the time stuff like spotting and irregularity happens within the first 3 months of a new type of birth control and then regulates itself out, but my problems didnt really start until 4 or 5 months into Yaz. (except the bitchy-ness, i guess that was all along :-( ) My doctor has pretty much stopped prescribing Yaz to his patients unless they have the PMDD that it's supposed to treat.. apparently if you don't have it and just use Yaz for birth control or acne control or whatever, you're more likely to have adverse side effects. bummer.

My daughter is 19 and has been on Yaz for 4 months. Prior to that she was on the Ortha evra patch. After seeing things about how bad they were she went to the pill. Everything was fine for the first 3 months, now she has been spotting then bleeding, spotting then bleeding on and off for about a week. She also has stomach cramps. She called her Gyno and was told to try some more time with it. So far it has not affected her state of mind. No crabiness (not more than normal) she is not depressed and has mild to moderate PMS which she has always had.

I have gone through everything that you guys have and more. I was on Yasmin and then Yaz came out. My Gyno put me on Yaz beacuse I have always had high blood pressure. When I started on Yaz I had very BAD mood swings. After two cycles I was fine. I started spotting not to long after that for 12 weeks before i told the doctors, thinking it was going to go away. The doctor put me back on Yasmin for 2-3 cycles and then back on Yaz and that worked itself out. Over all Yaz really has been good it is just this occasional spotting that sucks.

so im on my 2nd pack of yaz and this period that im on is 11 days or maybe i had spotting for aswhile and im on my peiod now. i cant tell the difference between spotting and the actual thing.wither way its f*****g day 11 the last one was two weeks and its been making my moods worse then they were when i wasnt on yaz and on my period. suggestions or comments please?

I've been on yaz for almost a year and 1 month. I had severe pmdd and it totally cleared that up, didn't make me gain too much weight, and totally cleared my face. My fiance said it changed my entire personality. I feel like a new person.

My period was always incredibly normal like to the date before, but it was the only thing GOOD about my period. However, since taking Yaz it totally messed me up on my period. Even now I am still semi-irregular. I have spotting about 5 days before my white pills, then I have a period, and then I spot for another 4 days...is this normal??

I am going to the gyno tomorrow just to talk about it. I don't want to go off of it, because of all the awesome things it has done for me...but I don't want to have my period or spotting on my honeymoon either!

I am 21 years old and I've been on Yaz for about 8 months or so. Everything was fine at first, even though I started getting migraine headaches...but i didn't connect Yaz and those until later on...

I'm on the verge of quitting Yaz because I have been on my period for over a month now. Every morning I get up and take the pill, and within an hour I have heavy bleeding. Throughout the day it turns to a blackish color (yuck!) and then disappears, only to restart all over again in the morning. The only time it stopped was during the placebo pills. AAAARGH! it's completely backwards!

And, I have been noticing that my migraines have been getting worse and worse. I also get horrible tension headaches that start behind my eyes, which i've heard is a side-effect of Yaz sometimes.

I'm so frustrated because I want to be on birth control (i have a long-term boyfriend), but I have had problems in the past with birth control (Ortho-Evra, the shot...) triggering depression. Yaz has been good on the depression end and it has also done wonders for my skin...but my boyfriend and I are at our wits ends. It's my last month in the U.S. and then I am going to live in Spain for 10 months. We wanted to make the last month count, and I have been feeling absolutely miserable (crampy, bloated, irritable, etc.).

Sigh. I think i'm just going to give up on Yaz for good!

Just started on Yaz after being off birth control for a year. I started the pills on day 1 of my period and I have had my period now for 14 days straight. This is the first month, so I'm hoping that it's just a weird side effect as my body gets used to the pills again.

I've been on yaz for almost 5 moths and it has been a life saver for me , emotionally. I'm less emotional, depressed, moody (just ask my kids)! However, I don't like the fact that my period is still on while taking my active pills. Shouldn't I bleed during the non-active pills? I started on a Sat (5 moths ago) so now I begin to bleed during the last while pill and usually stop during the second day of the active pill. It's too confusing. Although my flow is very light I can't really tell when I've stopped. I just hate wearing tampons with panty liners if I should be. Again, its not heavy at all nor is it too long. I just thought it was weird.

I took Yaz for several months about a year ago, but then stopped when I stopped being sexually active. During that time it worked great and I loved it, had nice short periods and PMSed a LOT less.

I started taking it again in later October and it's been nothing but a disaster. I've had an extremely light, dark colored flow for... well, probably 14 or more days. Now it's brighter red and I'm wondering if NOW that's my actual period, though it'd be a week and a half early. This is very frustrating, especially since it worked so well the first time.

Good to know I'm not alone and that it's probably not something worse...

I have been reading your posts and lord it all sounds familiar!

I've been on the YAZ pills now for about 5 months, the last 2 months I started getting dark brown discharge 2 weeks before the end of my pack and it has continued thru those 2 weeks and a few days into my new pack. once I hit the white inactive pills my real period shows up (red not brown). The first 3 months on these pills were AWESOME! but now i'm getting to the point that I am wondering about this!

I was wondering if the gals who have had this same problem have gone to their doctors and if so what did the doctors suggest?

I am trying to get with another ob/gyn as the one who prescribed these to me didn't really tell me much, just gave me the prescription and that's it.

Let me know if you would please :-) I'm frustrated!