I suffer from allergies very often and my usual therapy for sneezing, itchiness, and runny nose are antihistamines. Since I suffer from more than 10 years, my therapy has been changed with time. My current therapy is Claritin, but I was previously on Zyrtec. I asked my physician for change because I noticed that Zyrtec has been shown to cause more drowsiness than Clarinex, which was my therapy before Claritin. However, my doctor assured me that Claritin and Zyrtec have same effectives. I would like to hear someone s experience. Is there anyone who tried these two drugs?

Well, I guess he told you that Claritin and Zyrtec are same because they belong to the same class of antihistamines, as well as Clarinex. They are all taken orally. It is thought that all antihistamines are similarly effective in controlling allergy symptoms, a runny nose and swollen nasal passages. Drowsiness is one of the more important side effects that the newer antihistamines claim to reduce compared with older antihistamines. If drowsiness is problem for you, Zyrtec may be less desirable than Claritin. I personally don’t believe in drugs so I’ve chosen homeotherapy.