I don't know if anyone out there has experienced the same symptoms i have ,but for it started off as the common cold and it would re occur 2-3 x a month. I kept going to the doctor and same thing everytime , nasal sprays and antibiotics. After Xmas of 08 it actually got worse , nose bleeds , severe sinus pressure and congestion, i just about had it. I recently returned to my Dr. and he sent me to see a specialist and all they could come up with is seasonal allergies. I've never experienced anything like this. I am congested 24/7 even after they put me on allergy pills and sprays which don't help.

Marinac

Hi guest, i never developed allergies until i reached my mid 40's, now i am allergic to just about everything. I to, have been on several different allergy meds but i found my own without the help of the doctor. I take Zertec now, it's been about 2 years and everything seems to be ok. It is a little white pill that you take every 24 hours, the side effects are minimal aside from a tiny bit of sleepiness, which is why i take it after supper, usually around 6 pm. The big problem that i have with this medication is that it has destroyed my libido. Do i want to breath clearly without huffing and wheezing or do i want sex...hmmm. Sex is good, but i would rather breath.

I also find that an air cleaner in my bedroom works wonders. It sucks in all the nastys that are floating around and really helps me breath cleaner air. I also bought a hypoallergenic pillow, about 25 bucks, but that helps as well. Keep your house vacumed and dusted regularly and keep the air on in bad pollen season, avoiding open windows.

Be careful of nasal sprays as they are incredibly addicting. Try not to go for longer than 3 days on it because you will then start to feel constantly snotty and plugged up. If this happens you will need to wean yourself off the nose spray by using half saline and half actual nasal medication until you are down to just plain saline.

If you begin the Zertec, it will take a day or two before it works itself into your system. I swear by it as not other allergy med touched me. I did Claritan, Claritan D, Allerest, Benadryl the list goes on. Get the generic zertec, it works just as good and it about 12 bucks cheaper.

I agree totally that Zyrtec really helps, although yeah I think that you might want to go with something generic so that you don't totally blow your cash on something. I think that would help a lot though?

I had a situation very similar to yours for the longest time!  I went to the doctor, told him my simptoms which of course were much like yours, and they would just give me some medication or some kind of spray which didn't really work.  Finally I went to a ear, nose, throat specialist, and the specialist there recommended I have turbinate surgery, basically he explained to me that turbinates are a type of cartilage in your nostrils and after analyzeing me he said mine needed to be reduced.  So I had the turbinate surgery done and I haven't had any problems sinse.  I tell ya it's been great! I can finally breath!  And I don't have congestion problems anymore either.  This may be the answer you have been looking for!