I’m 25 years old female.
In spike the fact that I’m very young, as you see, recently I was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Doctors have performed several examinations to determine is this type of tumor malign or benign. After a week of testing they told me that I have malignant breast cancer. I was terrified with that fact. I couldn’t believe someone my age can have malign cancer.
Diagnosis was – Carcinoma ductale invasive mammae.
This is the type of cancer which is located on ducts that transport milk.
Because it is malignant change, they must give me chemotherapy.
Doctor prescribed me Methotraxate!
What kind of drug this is and what are the side effects of it?

Before three years, I was diagnosed with lung cancer and doctor also prescribed me Methotraxate. I used it and I completely recover from this terrible disease.
However, there are some things you should know about this drug.
I understand you want to hear how good this medication is but also the risks of using it.
Methotraxate blocks an enzyme needed by the cell to live.
This interferes with the growth of cancer cells, which are eventually destroyed-which is its good effect. However, the problem is that, since the growth of normal body cells may also be affected by Methotraxate, other effects will also occur.
Methotraxate will attack your own healthy body cells.
It can cause different problems such as blood problems, kidney problems, stomach or liver problems, loss of hair, and other side effects. So you have to be aware of all this before you get disappointed.
But as you see, I’m now healthy and I continued my normal life.
Good luck!

I am the wife of a man that is taking methotraxate to help with poly milgia. He is having blood sugar problems by spiking hi and low. He is also on 5mg of predisone. The doctors don't seem to be bothered by this his sugars are regularly 140-160 spiking to 300 or there about. He feels weak, nausaus,generally an overall feeling that isn't great. He does have no problems with poly malgia since starting this treatment. He has been on these drugs for 2 years and we are going to ask if he can be taken off of them. Anyone have any of these issues. I could use help.
Sylvia

I have been on MTX for over 4 years as part of a treatment program for Psoriatic arthritis. Something to keep in mind is that it can cause liver damage and you should refrain from all drinking. Also, pregnancy is a big no while on this medication (it is part of an abortificant combination RU486 and can cause fetal abnormalities if not out right miscarriage). It suppresses the immune system as well as stunting cellular growth and you should avoid being around people with infectious illnesses, recently vaccinated, and talk to your Dr. about flue shots in the fall. It can make you tired, cause vomiting, and affect your skin, hair, nails, and red blood cell count. Your Dr. will probably have you on Folic acid to combat many side effects. Really, as a short-term medication it isn’t bad. I’d recommend taking it when you know you can get plenty of rest and liquids (like on a Friday evening) the next day. Good luck!

I have been on methotraxate to help with sarcoidosis for the past 6 months.I have just found out that my girlfriend is pregnant, will it affect our baby in any way?