I wish I found this website way sooner. I had a hemmorhoidectomy 12 days ago. I had my first BM two days after with much pain and strain (I was afraid of anal stenosis). From Day 2-4, my BMs were negligible. They were either pencil stools or small dime-sized ones. But they were also produced with much straining. 

On Day 5, I was able to release all the bowels I felt have been impacted since the surgery. I was only able to do so because I ate a ton of fruits and I just decided to poop on my sitz bath (with much pushing). Otherwise it would have been too painful. Day 6, I think I cleaned out further and passed 4 BMs, all significantly-sized due to the fiber I've been eating. Day 7-8, I had 2 BMs a day. Day 9, I had 1. And Day 10, I had 1 but it didn't feel like I released EVERYTHING like I felt from days 5-9. All these satisfying BMs were produced by sitting on the sitz bath and then pushing so so hard (think childbirth). I only went when I felt I had to, but even when they're almost out, I have to push REALLY hard to get the entire thing out!  

Since yesterday, I've been trying to poop "normally", meaning not in the sitz bath and with no pushing. But I can't! I only feel like they're all gone if I strain really hard, like childbirth. Otherwise they come out in small chunks. 

I thought hemmorhoidectomy should make pooping easier? Why does it feel so much harder? Will it ever get easier? Will I be able to poop in a toilet again instead of a sitz bath? And am I doing more damage by pushing? I feel heavy and constipated if i dont!  

My anus doesn't look good. I don't know if it's swelling, new hemms, or skin tags developing, but it doesnt look normal. How long will it take to look normal? 

______

Also, the week following my op, my urine was completely normal. After doing the sitz bath several times a day for 6 days, urinating started to hurt and my urine now has all these little dark particles. I'm also experiencing a dark brown vaginal discharge. I read up a bit and I think bacteria from my feces might by going up my uretha when I do sitz baths. This is why I want to stop sitz-bathing. Anyone else got UTI from sitz-bathing?