Tonight i am feeling frustrated as my husband doesn't understand why I should still be tired when I had my surgery 9 days ago.  He understood the surgeon to say I would be fine in 3 days.   All of my glands were enlarged and my PTH was 600 in the Operating Room.  3 1/2 parathyroids were removed, my PTH fell to 50.   I am home recovering and yesterday decided to drive 25 miles to town and pick up groceries and go by the drugstore.    I had several dizzy spells in the grocery store, and tried to talk myself through them, thinking I was imagining things.  By the time I got to the checkout I felt like I was about to faint, or black out.  The sacker brought me water, i made it through, went to the car and sat there shaking for a bit.   I tried driving towards home with my flashers on, but started trembling pretty bad.  I called my husband and he came to pick me up.   I felt like a wimp and wondering why I'm not doing as well as all of those patients I read about on the Dr. Norman website, also.  My follow up appt with my surgeon is next friday.   I"m taking Calcium supplements.  I wish people had a bit more of a clue that this isnt an instant fix as I had imagined.  Today like clockwork around 4pm I started feeling shaky and weak , but at least I was home and not behind the wheel of a car/

Dear tired in Texas. How are you feeling now? I have had 3 para thyroids removed 5 days ago. I was told I would feel so much better. I don't think I could driven myself to the mailbox much less the grocery store. How are you feeling now? I feel really crummy shaking off and on with nervousness, frequent urination, my mornings are terrible. Have your symptoms gotten better?