1 week ago I had a large external hemmorhoid removed, a few smaller ones and skin tags (left from earlier Doppler laser surgery that successfully removed the internal rhoids a few months ago). First 2 days numbness was heaven, that dissipate by day 3. Had several small BMs each day that were painful (7-8) especially after. My bathtub is the saving grace. Been taking stool softener twice a day and Tylenol / Motrin during the day and the Oxycodone at night. Today, 1 week after surgery stools still soft but had a few larger BMs - seemed to be a build up- that made me scream loud- amazing neighbors didn’t call cops. Yesterday felt like some stitches came undone or started to dissolve - very tender and burning pain. Since the earlier BMs I can’t het comfortable laying down, sitting is impossible and now only in the tub for an hour has my pain gone from an 11 to a 3. Is there any light at the end of this awful tunnel? 

BMs on the toilet were too painful for me. I had to use a sitz bath for the first few BMs. I know, gross! But it kept me from screaming in pain. I did feel pain after, but warm shower and ice pack, along with pain meds, took away the pain within 30min.