I'm confused. I'm been scouring the internet trying to find out what's going on. I'm a girl. I'm thirteen years old and have been since my birthday in April. But, even before then, I've had white sticky discharge in my underwear. But, then, now, in July, for the past 4 days (including today), I've noticed that instead of being white, it's brown and sticky and smells a little and is mixed in with some blood. I've started using my older sister's pads, but I don't know if what's going on is normal. I'm freaking out because I don't know if this might be abnormal. I also have had sore breasts, but nothing significant, and I don't know if that's a sign of my period coming? But, I don't have stomach cramps or anything as far as I can tell. I have no idea if this is the beginning of my period or something? And if it is, what do I do? When will it be red? I'm really freaking out, but I'm way too scared to tell anybody. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please help! Is this normal? Is this my period?

The white sticky discharge in your underwear is normal. It's called a cervical mucous. If it's brown, it's possible that you're already menstruating. My friend's older sister experienced the same thing. Sore breast are normal when you're about to have your period or when you are menstruating. It's due to the hormones so they become sensitive. It would turn red as soon as possible. Old blood looks brown in color.

Thank you for the information! I was wondering though, how long before it turns red?

Yes, your period has started. No one exactly knows when it'll turn red because everybody type is different, but i'd say within a few days. The smell is normal and it is important to shower daily or you may get a yeast infection. Not everybody gets cramps or moodswings so don't worry if you do or don't. During you're period you should always carry pads or tampons because your period may leak it can be REALLY embarrasing. Also it is normal for you're period to not come some months or for it to be irregular for the first few years. I myself have irregular periods since i was 11 and im now 15. You might expirience some bloodclots, jelly like lumps, in your period if it is heavy. I recommend you talk to your mother or sister or someone you trust, it is the most normal thing in the world and you should't be hiding it. You should also talk to your doctor about this because he/she may help you understand this process much more easily, and he/she can make your visits confedential.

ok so i had brown "discharge" or sometihing for a week exactly... was that my period or is it coming

Hi sorry I'm 12 and I've had clear stuff in my underwear for a while and yesterday it was brown and today I wiped after going pee and it was redish pinkish blood I wiped agin and it was gone I guess it's called spotting I just looked it my underwear and their is black clots I'm so confused what is happening to me plz plz plz help me?

I had the same thing yesterday it was thing brown glob and when I went to the bathroom this morning and wiped it was pinkish. Is this normal?? Also how long does red stuff start coming out??

I have also had this for past 4 days.But its coming very little.And yesterday I didn't even get any discharge.so someoneplz plz help me to know whether I have attended my age or not.Because from tomorrow I have exams in my school

What clear stuff is in my underwear

Hi I got my period only 3 time this whole year I haven't got it in a long time i'm worried! and my discharge has turned beige am I normal girl?! and idk what to tell u good luck!

I'm guessing you mean "black spots" instead of "clots". that's normal. the blackness is just very old blood. your period is probably coming soon. :)

you're starting your period. make sure to start wearing pads and try to keep track of when you get it and when you don't. good luck!

Actually i had a light brown gooey discharge for 3 days, that was around 4 weeks ago or less, now it is back again, am i menstruating? I am thirteen by the way.

you got your period! Just put a pad on your underwear, i don't recommend tampons. Congrats!

im almost 14 and i had my first period last month, well i thought it was my first period... i had dark brown discharge in my pants but when i wipped there was a little bit of blood... the blood only lasted the first day and there was little of it, for the next few days there wa more dark brown dischage... it hasnt been 28 days yet but the dark brown discharge is back... is this normal??