I'm 15 and i haven't had my period yet. I get discharge on a daily basis. Yesterday i noticed that i had brownish discharge. this is the first time it has happened. anyone know what's going on?? ? %-)

Having white, mucous discharge for a few months is a good sign that your first menstrual period is approaching. No one can really tell when exactly this is going to happen.
The brownish discharge you are experiencing could be actually your first period or the announcement of your first period as well.
First few periods are always light and may consist just of a brown, sticky spots, which is also just an announcement for the real thing.

In the next couple of years, your periods will get more regular but you can still notice variations in the amount of blood you shed during each cycle.

Girls usually get their first menses 1 to 2 years after their breasts had developed. You shouldn’t be comparing yourself with your friends and their periods because every girl is different and some may get it sooner, some later.

It is also ok if you get your first period and then you don’t get another one for a couple of months or if you lose more blood in one period than another. Your menstrual cycle will regulate within a year or so.

The only thing that wouldn’t be considered normal is bleeding for too long, like a few weeks or if you didn’t get your period for about 6 months. In that case, you should consult a gynecologist.

Hi there,

Brown vaginal discharge means discharge that's got blood in it. It happens for different reasons but many girls also get it right at the beginning of their period. Basically, menstrual fluids mix with your usual cervical mucus and that creates brown discharge. As times goes on, your menstrual flow will start properly and then it will be red and not brown, and it will be more like water than like cream. 

If this brown discharge doesn't come before your period but just randomly though, then it is time to see a doctor. Your sexual health is very important. 

:)

whoa that happened to me too! i had no idea it was probably my first period!

i had quite a bit of brown discharge for about 5 days.
was it my first sign of my period?

im 13,virgin,and my breasts aren`t fully developed?i have been geting the brown discharge for 2 days now,and my mother wants me to tll her when i get my first period,is that it????please answer soon! thanks!

im pretty sure this is the beginning of your first period. it doesnt matter if youre breasts arent fully developed but i think helene means if they have developed slightly. so yeah tell your mum! dont worry in time youll get the proper thing. i will tell you now it was so much better without it!! x

i have the same thing i just got brown discharge today but i dont know what to do should i tell my mom??? ? ? ?

The exact same thing happened to me today. o.O I'm 12 and I hadn't gotten my period before, and I had brown discharge in my undies and i got really scared, but I'm glad to know that it's normal and it shows that my period is here....... i told my mom and she called my doc and he said it was absolutely normal... so thats good new. :-) all the girls out there dont freak. its natural. live with it and b happy . :-D its just part of bein a woman.....

i am kind of glad that this is my first period because i heard that everyone else's is painful.

k so umm i dont exactly think everything you said is true because where you said youre first few periods are always light i think it differs from woman yo woman. and i may be only 12 but i do know things on this subject. because my first periods were heavy , like as in lost of blood(that IS what heavy means right?)

and it was on time for the first three months and then now all of a sudden it stopped and now this white-ish clear-ish stuff is coming from my private spot.... i didn't just write this post to speak my opinion i need help , and also i am sorry if i seemed rude at the beginning :( if you could plese try to help me that would be greatly appriciated :)

To the young and innocent: The "white-ish clear-ish stuff" is called discharge its normal to have, you will have it before you started your first period and you will always get it! Dont worry its nothing to worry about. You only need to worry if it has a strong odour, because that means you have a yeast infection, okay? - Every woman is different and their experiences are different so you dont need to worry, Okay?!

Summer x

I belive you just started your period when you have your period for the first time its usually very light, and brownish.

Ok So I got Brown Discharge On September 8 And It Lasted For Like Two Days Now Today September 27 I got More Brown Discharge it doesnt Smell Or anything Please Help! idk what it is! ?

Hi! :-D So Im 13 and ive had discharge for about 8 or more months. Its been white and not much of it. But today It was kinda brown streakish and white. And there was alot and it went through my underwear. Is my period soon? How can I know? Should I start wearing a pad just in case? Help me please :-(
Thanks! :-D

Than that is probably your period. I got mine two days ago, and it was light. I didn't even notice, but i went to the bathroom at the end of the day and noticed blood. I already had on a pantyliner for discharge and toilet paper as well because the discharge had ben heavy and i didn't have a new pantyliner. It soaked through everything and onto my underwear. I still have it today-3rd day. It was heavy yesterday morning and it's lighter today. Do you have PMS signs? Cramps, nausea, head aches, mood swings etc? I had cramps, nausea and i noticed when i ovulated so i was pretty aware that my period was coming. Be happy! Use pads or tampons if your flow is heavy enough. I've used tampons since my first day and they've been no problem. Light absorbency! Pads at night though. :D :) :P