hi, im 14 years old and am now going into 9th grade, ever since 5th grade ive been getting this wet, clear, slimy vaginal discharge, is there a way to stop it from coming every day, and is it bad that i've had it everyday for about 4 years?

Im Am 14 Not to long ago i started my Period.Now even when im not in the range of my Period i have white thick mucose coming out of the viginal area{Viginal discharge}.I have it everyday now and i dont know what to do.Do i need to worry?

GooglePrint Vaginal discharge is normal and varies during your menstrual cycle. Before ovulation (the release of the egg), there is a lot of mucous produced, up to 30 times more than after ovulation. It is also more watery and elastic during that phase of your cycle. You may want to wear panty liners during that time.

The things to be worried about include if the discharge has a yellow or green color, is clumpy like cottage cheese, or has a bad odor. If worried, see a doctor.

•Different Types of Discharge
•Is this normal?
Different Types of Discharge
White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

Brown: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown.

Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle. Sometimes early in pregnancy you may have spotting or a brownish discharge at the time your period would normally come. If you have spotting at the time of your normal period rather than your usual amount of flow, and you have had sex without using birth control, you should check a pregnancy test.

Back to top
Is this normal?
We receive many questions about vaginal discharge through our "Ask the Expert" section. Below physician assistant Steven Johnson, explains what is normal and when to see a health care provider.

One of the challenges to answering questions sent into a health care Web site is making sure that the person asking the question seeks the advice and care from her doctor when appropriate. There is often information not given that can really change the answer.

For instance:

•How old are you (really)?

•Are you on medications or do you take herbs or vitamins?

•Do you have pain or itching?

•Are you pregnant?

•Do you have other health problems (like diabetes)?
An important question is sexual activity. Sometimes it isn't accurate to simply say yes or no. Symptoms can depend on the number of sexual partners, kind of sexual partners, birth control, birth control failure, kind of sex you are having and if abuse is involved. I think you can see, it can get pretty complicated to get all the information needed to give the best answer possible.

With that said, here is my best answer to the common question of vaginal discharge.

A normal vaginal discharge consists of about a teaspoon (4 milliliters) a day that is white or transparent, thick to thin, and odorless. This is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off. The discharge can be more noticeable at different times of the month depending on ovulation, menstrual flow, sexual activity and birth control.

It is not uncommon for the normal discharge to be dark, brown or discolored a day or two following the menstrual period.

If you are having any of the symptoms below see your health care provider.
•Pain

•Itching

•Discomfort

•Rash or sores alone or with a vaginal discharge

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am 21 years old and have had vaginal discharge since i was about 13 years old, non stop. I find it extremely embarrasing to the point where i cant even put my underwear in the hamper because it looks disgusting. I told my doctor about it years ago and she told me its normal to have vaginal discharge, but to be honest i dont see whats normal about white discharge leaking out of body for more than 5 years now, EVERYDAY!
Its not a yeast infection i am possitive about it, and it doesnt have foul odor but it varies from watery to thick every few days.
Is there something wrong with me? Should i go to an emergency room to get a proper answer?
I douche about once a month just to clean myself from the inside, but it only waters my discharge, then its back to normal with the same thing everyday of my life!
I need help, can someone give me a real answer please because im not sure what to do about this situation anymore. I just want it to stop permanently.

I do have the same problem, now im 23, did you find a solution? plz tell me

I am 42 years old and I'm afraid to say I've had the same since I was 14 ! It's hereditary - so if your mum had it then you probably get it from her :() It's not nice I know, but I've learned to live with it, but yes, buying pantyliners every week isn't cheap. Try not to worry about it, it is absolutely normal for some women to be 'wetter' than others. Wash regularly, ensure it's not a yeast infection, wear liners and try not to think about it any more :)

You really shouldn't be douching. Your vagina is a self cleansing organ and by cleaning it, you're doing more harm than good.

I have exactly the same thing! I'm also 14 and have also had it constant every day since grade 5 I've been trying to figure out why, but everything says you're getting your period soon, but are they saying that it's been SOON FOR FOUR YEARS!?

Same, only 12-13 though. im really tall for my age. and i have had this white clear stuff on my underwear for years, sometimes theres even black/blue dots? are those my jean fabrics or some kind of blue waffle o_O??? Also i have gotten my period so is it normal to have this white stuff for so long?

I also have the same problem tell me when you find out why

yeah im the same im 14 and its exactly the same it sucks dont worry just buy some panty liners thats what i do lets hope it passes :

Hey im also 21with the exact problem. I take birth control ever since i was like 16 I'm thinking this might be the Cause. But honestly I'm not sure. Please let me know what you guys think

Has anyone figured out what causes this? I'm 18 and I have been having this problem since I was 13. Does anyone have any answers??

same, I'm 14, have had constant mucus/discharge since grade 6 or grade 5 and every hour or two I have to go toilet and clean underwear, i got my period start of year and I thought the discharge would go away by now but it hasn't and I can't afford to buy liners and wear them every day for the rest of my life can't even afford to buy one packet. please help will this be forever? BTW I'm tall for my age too. I'm still a virgin and don't take medication

Yeah I am 20 years old and have had this problem since I was in 5th grade. I am tired of hearing doctors say "it's normal" because it's not. I shouldn't have to wear a panty liner every single day of my life. Please please please update us if you have answers.