i am 13 years old, & i think i have an yeast infection :-( im a virgin, & really worried, i have itching, burning, ive also noticed white chunky stuff coming out too & i have a fishy smell, & when i take eoff myunderwear or even pants, they smell really bad around the crotch area. mybe is family wise, cuz my sisters pants smell too shes 17 i dk about my mom tho. um & when i tried the "finger test " i felt somethinng in my vaginaa i think is a cyst i dont know wat it is i like a ball kinda & when i touch it it feels numb. & im worried, im 13 years old onlyy & how can i tell my mom. how cud this happen? im afraid off people coming aroundd my bottom arrwea because is that bad, u can smell itt like im embarrased, i need help please :-( fml

Hi honey! I will help you and within 3 days this will be gone OK?

1st YES you sure do have a yeast infection a BAD one infact! A lot of yeast infections come from diet, stress, and even from your laundry detergent. So your sister having this too would definitely be connected here wouldn't it?

So this is what you do and say OK? You ask your mom to get you 5 or 7 day Monistat or Any other yeast infection suppositories! You need the longer ones because you have such a severe infection. In most of the yeast infection kits you will also have a cream, which you put on the outside of your bottom! Your mom can also get the "feminie wipes" Don't have ANYTHING scented near your bum OK!? Wear cotton underpants, don't wear tight jeans - causes SO many problems, Don't use ANY talc at all down there, Wash with a soapless cleanser such as Spectrogel, or there's an antibiotic was - I CAN'T remember the name of it for the life of me, they sell it in the acne aisle! Keep the area as clean and dry as possible! Using the suppository's you will need to wear a panty liner - unscented - as there will be discharge as the suppository melts! Even when you start feeling better and "think" it is healed up, keep on it till the very end - or it will come back! Also if you like Yogurt, eat ones with ProBiotic cultures in it! Yeast is killed off and kept at bay by the Probiotic! Ask your mom to find as much Probiotic and Acidopholus as possible!

When you are wiping, ALWAYS wipe from front to back - NEVER back to front OK? Also - in the future - make sure your clothes aren't too tight. Tell your sister as well! When you have regular discharge, there shouldn't be any smell, so from now on your body WILL tell you when there's something wrong! So good luck and health honey, this will be over soon! Also the "lump" is when your vagina is SO swollen and irritated with infection! So no worries OK? Your mom will TOTALLY understand that this isn't from sex! Good lucka nd health honey!

thankss so much, im gunna talk to my mom as soon as possible & get treeated cuz i cant take it anymore, a million thanks againn, god bless you :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I'm glad I could help you honey! Tell your sister too OK? Your mom will TOTALLY understand and has definitely experienced this before too! Also because you have already had a yeast infection - watch your sugar intake OK? All of us have Candida/Yeast in our systems, it survies on sugar and heat and dark. So keep those things in mind OK? Sometimes women can be REALLY hit by one yeast infection after another! So just listen to your body!

I'm really glad that you're getting help! That's the biggest hurdle in getting better, you know? a lot of people get embarrassed about their health problems but if you don't get help, you won't get better. Good on you for doing that!

yeaa, like for real im going in to 9th grade highschool, & i wudd like to start it right, yeaa im a litle young ßut i started school early. ßut idk i was worried, is it okay for young girls at this age to have yeast infections? & i think i did get it from my sister because ive used her underwears ßefore, maybe thats why, ßut i always thought if they were washed nothing wud happen. & i will try to tlk to my mom tonihgt, idk i think its hard to bring it out there, i feel embarresed even if she is my mom. butt my family is a little hard headed soo imma tryy to get this thru cuz im not dealing with this thru hiighschool specially when boyfriends are gunna be a bigg deal here ! butt imma makee sure to tlk to herr asap tonightt

well, thanks for evrything, infact she just called me & i just took the chance & told her, & she was very understamding about it, she said its normal for grls to be sick about it, cuz none of us is perfect i was shocked to see her talk to me that way & she said shes gunna book an appointment & help me thuoghout evrything, thanks this is just the kinda push i needed to take that big step & owning up to it & taking responsibility & getting thru it thanks for evrything :-) wish me luck

I hope you are feeling better or soon will be. Purchase cranberry juice and drink lots of water. Yeast infection can also occur due to not changing your tooth brush (change ever 2-3 months) as well as; all the other symptoms the young lady from Canada stated. Do not be tense when inserting monistant, it heels instantly, I have experienced it once and it was the worse pain ever. And the swellin is probably due to the itching and rubbing that you did. Uh, I no what you are talking about. sister nor any family member, do not share panties from no one. also wear panties with cloth AT ALL TIMES!!!

thankss forr the tipss theey help alot ,iimmaa do evrything i can to get ridd of it :-)

Good luck to you! And I know you're going to be just fine. I know that it's embarrassing like I said but it's a very mature and grown up thing you just did so you should be proud of yourself. :)

thanks :-)

Hi hon! I knew your mom would help you! You CANT get yeast infection from washed underwear! It is just a common thing thats all! If you wear tight clothing and no air is getting to that area it is just a breeding ground for the yeast we already have! Cranberry juice is good for Urinary tract infections - try not to drink any juices while trying to get over this OK? As I stated before, any sugars feed the Yeast, the best thing is Yogurt with Probiotics, or pills with Acidopholus in them. And you REALLY don't need an apointment for anything honey! They will just tell you the same thing, just get a 7 day pack - with the cream! And when you follow the instructions correctly the suppository is the size of your little finger and when inserted correctly it shouldn't hurt!!! Laying down on a bed is the best! And like I said before honey, just keep an eye on it from now on OK? So WHEN you get another - which you will, you can then use the 3 day ones or even the 1 day ones to keep it at bay. But also Acidpholus and Probiotics in your diet, should keep it at bay too! Your mom might not know about this part of it! And just tell her you don't need to see a doctor! They do a swab and this is more embarrassing for you than is needed! Let your sister read this and your mom, and they can also take the steps to help it not happen to them! Remember not to use ANYTHING scented near THE area OK? Good luck and health honey!

qrrxme wrote:

thanks :)

Hi there, I saw that you posted on this thread that you found some helpful tips on getting better, can you let me know how you're doing now? I'd like to hear if you are. Thanks!

Hi, I have the same problem but I'm too embarrassed to tell my mum or anyone...is there any other way! Please, I'm only 13 years old! :'( x

me too!
did u find an answer yet?
i dont want to tell my mum....