Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that during some of my periods, instead of liquidy blood like normal, I've been getting this bloody/red gooey substance. It's like the white discharge you get before your period except for it's bloody and there's a lot more of it. It happens for most of my period (maybe three to four days). I'm a sixteen year old and I haven't had sex.

I'm sorta concerned. And a little embarrassed. Can anyone direct me to some information sources as to what this might be?

Thanks.

umm i have the same problem, kind of,
im 13 i havent started my period yet and im bleeding really hevily and also i have this red gooey blodd stuff you talk about im really worried %-) but also realy scared i dont know what to do :'( :-( (i have never had sex either) did you find out what your problem was and can you help me? please i would be so grate full thanks!

The Blood is normal . The Gooey substance is just the ovulation cycle going on. Its shedding your uterus. The gooey blood you see is not the one like from the arm ; its from the uterus which sticks there whenever you have or getting a fertilized egg. Its perfectly normal - this happens to me too.

H O P E i H E l P E D ! ! ! ;-)

i have the same problem, but im on the pill and its during the days that i shouldnt be having my period. It occurs in between cycles and during cycles. is there something wrong with that??

can someone tell me what the dark gooey gell like substance is. Im 12 i just started my period last month (for the first time) and this is my second and i started about 3 days ago and ive had ALOT more of the red gooey stuff. What is is? :-|

i have this EXACT same problem. any help?

So, they red googey stuff during your period is part of your uterus and when you have or getting a fertilizered egg. im only 13 and i havent had sex so does that mean im pregnant. or becoming pregnant. i need help really bad and dont know what to do.

has anyone had a black gooey substance? my sister is worried, and she hasn't started yet. is this pre-period behavior? please help!

I've Started My Period And Got This ! I'm Scared As Hell Man ! What DO I DO ?

No that does not mean ur preggers it means that ur body is getting rid of an egg! dont worry, im fourteen and have the same thing, never had sex :D :) :( :o :? 8)

To the second 12 yeaf old who hasnt had their period: you said you haven'y had your period yet, that red blood stuff IS your period. you have started it and this mean your a woman. it is perfectly normal to have it gooey thata just how verbodies is. Its not the same as blood from a cut on your arm. it is old blood from your uterus. It also helos to hold eggs. ---- TO THE LAST 13 YR OLD: No way are you pregnat of course not that gooey blood is your period it comes like that. I have goooey blood and so does evryone else so congratiolasions evryone and welcome to woman hood beacuase this is our period. :D lllaaawwll . good luck

anonymous wrote:

ifiever wrote:

That is your Period. Welcome to woman hood. This will be the very start of your period before things really start flowing and become a consistent cyle g'luck

hi, im 19 years old. i am sexually active. i've had my period for 7 years now and it's always been irregular. i was told it was because im a gymnast and being involved in sports causes irregularity. however i have stopped competing and i just train every once in a while. since april my period is even more irregular than ever before. i had my period in the middle of april and then i didn't have it again until june 7th, but my period blood was black and very thick. it ended after 5 days and then came back 2 weeks later but it was red. then i had my period every 35-45 days and my last one was oct 26-sept 7 so i assumed i wouldn't have it again until at least dec. 11th. my period is more often late than early. yesterday once again my period blood is black and very thick. i was extremely stressed out over the weekend so i'm wondering if this is why. please help me out, i cant stand having such an irregular period.

Hia, I'm 13 myself. Its completely normal what you're getting, I get it too. Its the inner lining of your uterus, shedding. That is what a period is itself, if you don't know, but the thicker parts are heavier shedding. I was very scared when I first saw this happen, but then I got an explanation. It might look bad, but its just like normal blood, just thicker.

To the people with black and brown blood! Many times, young women are frightened when they discover dark clots of tissue in their menstruation. Most often, this is a part of the endometrium (uterine lining) shedding and is nothing to be concerned about.