I'm looking for some advice from those of you who have had THD / HALO surgery, or anyone else who has had their hemorrhoids sugically treated.

I had THD for Grade 3 hemorrhoids three months in September. At my two month check up my colorectal surgeon told me that the hemorrhoids had shrunk right back to small Grade 1s and that I needed no more treatment, which was great.

The only problem is, I still have skin bulging from my anus where the hemorrhoids were. The hemorrhoids were big enough to stretch the skin quite a lot (I had them for over six months) and every time I have a BM now it still looks and feels like I have them. They're not really skin tags, just soft bulges. I have itching and burning still, usually after a BM and lasting sometimes all day. I sitz bath, eat a very high fibre diet and drink plenty of water.

Did anyone suffer from these 'bulges' after their THD / hemorrhoid surgery? And if so, did the skin ever go back to normal and the symptoms disappear?

While I'm not in as much discomfort as I was pre-surgery, I'm still upset that I'm not yet 100%, despite the surgery, and am hoping that this is just a temporary problem as a result of having large hemorrhoids, and that it will go away!

Thanks for any and all feedback, it's much appreciated.

Nick.

Damn...I just had laser surgery last week and this is what I have. Like it looks like a whole new hem formed. Dr said it was just swollenm. I dobt know. Just spent almsot 4k on surgery, hotel and travel.

I thought I would be rid of them instantly but this is disgusting.