Hello.I have hemorrhoids that prolapse and go back in couple of hours. I had 3 CRH O'Regan bandings and I don't see any improvement. The only issue I have is prolapse. I have a blot of blood on toilet paper, once in 3 or 4 weeks. Prolapse is the biggest concern. I am thinking about Ultroid, but not many doctors do it, there is not much content available about this procedure and I am still skeptical about this procedure. Like eveyone here, too scared of surgery or even TDH.Any one who had RBL failed but had success with any other non invasive procedure? I am 34 year old

Hi David,

My 2 cents here - go for the THD procedure.  I hear that you are scared - I too was terrified, seriously, I completely get it - COMPLETELY.  I'm a 46 year old female and over the past 5 years have had the O'Regan bandings 4 times.  I too had prolapse (had to tuck things back inside every time I used the toilet) and bleeding and was terrified of surgery - TERRIFIED.  I picked a 2 week timeframe when I could miss work (and comfortably recover without worry) and signed up for the THD surgery.  I'm day 5 post-surgery and I am already thankful I did it.  Was it painful afterwards, yes but manageable with pain meds.  I was terrified of my first BM, but just kept following my post-op instructions (tons of water, stool softeners, fiber, pain meds, prune juice, etc. etc.) and on day 3 it came and was a NON ISSUE - uncomfortable, yes, painful - not really and NOTHING like I had expected.  I am religious about soaking in a bath 3-4 times a day - that really helps.  I am having some trouble urinating completely, but the doctor said that will subside.  In my opinion - find a great surgeon and schedule the THD.  Your life will be changed forever and you'll be happy you did it.  I feel your misery and your worry, I really do.  Best of luck with whatever you decide. 

Maybe a bit late but I agree with Suzanne. I had my hemorrhoids removed with THD in March and my experience was very similar. It is just very important to stick to the sugested diet afterwards and maybe take a couple of days off work even if they say you're ok to go back after 24 hours. Fix an appointment and talk to a doctor! You won't regret it!