I had my operation 2 weeks ago. When I came out of surgery, I felt pretty good and didn't think the pain was too bad. I went home and laid in bed for the rest of the night. By 3AM, the pain had reached it's peak, but was still only about a 6 on a scale of 10, so not too bad. Warm baths took the pain away almost instantly.

On day 3 I had my first bowel movement and to my surprise it was almost pain free. I had been eating lots of fiber...Fiber One cereal and oats bars, with vegetable soup for lunch and dinner. I must of had too fiber because I started having 3-4 bowel movements a day. But I didn't mind too much because they weren't painful. Afterwards, I'd jump in the tub to clean myself off.

It's now been two weeks post-op and I'm still having to use gauze pads in between my butt cheeks. The blood leakage stopped after about a week, but I'll still getting very minor poop leakage and I'm quite concerned about this. :$ Incontinence was one of my biggest fears before this surgery. Somebody please tell me that this is normal and it will eventually stop.

Another thing that bothers me is I was looking at the area with a hand held mirror and it looks like my surgeon didn't remove the full skin tag. When I had my follow up, I asked him about this and he said he removed everything but it's normal for new tags to form. But honestly I don't believe him. The tag looks just like the one I had before and there is no trauma to that immediate area where he presumably would have cut it off.

I can't figure out why he would have done this? If it would've been too painful or risky to remove it, then he should just be honest with me about it. But to lie and make an excuse just seems odd to me. I'm not sure what to think about it all. After everything I've been through, I feel like I'm almost back right where I started, except now I have a skin tag half the size of the one I had before I went through surgery.

HI,
After one year how is your skin tag now?
I have the same problem, but my doctor is a bad one too, she told me that i dont need to do surgery but I told her that I am in pain.
I think that I will look for a different doctor.
Thanks a lot!

i had my operation 3 weeks ago and have been in agony since im on morphine for the pain and would rather give birth than go through this ever again i have a open wound the size of a 20 pence piece just infront of my rectum and it weeps puss and gunk ive been putting gauze between my bum cheeks to catch it its horrible and because ive got a open wound my body is fighting so hard to fix it and im soooooo tired and grumpy mind you the morphine dont help i want to sleep all the time and ive got 3 kids so cant the only thing that is releiveing it is a dead sea salt bath and germoline on the gauze i had no choice the skin tag had to be removed as it was really big i just hope all this pain was worth it coz at the moment i dont know !!

luckygemz wrote:

How is it all now?
I had a skin tag, well loose skin removed and have been in agony for two weeks. Not sure the surgeon did a good job looks a mess

eatsbiscuits wrote:

luckygemz wrote:

How is it all now?

hi all im over two months in now after my anal skintag removal and all i can say is hell yeah it was sooo worth all the pain ive also a month ago had 3 wisdom teeth removed and im nearly over this now too so fingers crossed everyone else gets as good results as i have ride it through and you will feel much better x

hi luckygemz,

I am looking at having this done as well however I went to the CRS today and she said she wouldnt recommend it as mine is small and I would likely have a skin tag the same size left after surgery due to the inflamation. When all was said and done and you were healed up did the area heal smooth (back to its original state) or were you left with a slight skin tag/scar tissue? Thanks!

Kel, I hope this gives some insights. I just had mine done 3/1/13. I had an anterior and posterior anal tag removed for cosmetic reasons. (I am a female in my 20s and having anal tags sure puts a nice big dent in my sex life). posterior as told by my surgeon during consultation shoudl be a clean cut and easy but the anterior might have to go by ear after posterior was removed. procedure was done in office with localized anasthesia. she gave me two lido shots which were real b***h. the posterior tag like she said was easy and took 5 seconds to cut off. well the anastthesia for the anterior wasnt enough so i felt every cut. that was traumatizing and i almost threw up because it was so painful. after the removal she put antibac cream, a cotton ball between my ass, gave me after care instructions, pain med script and i just drove home. dr said anasthesia will be gone in 6 hours so i was expecting excrutiating pain by evening. honestly. without movement no pain. walking and changing positions gave me about 3/10 pain but nothing as traumatizing as the surgery its self. first day: had my BM as usually in the morning. but took 2 percocet before hand thinking it was going to be severe pain but nope. maybe 3/10 of pain. percocet made me sick and gave severe dizziness and nausa all day (like the WORST hangover you have ever had). ok long story short. Now I am 3 days post op. pain free. actually went to work today which required constant walking. here is the downside to ALL this. Now i am dealing with external hemroids. I called the dr she said its just swelling so give it more time. I took a mirror and had a nice closer look today and I wanted to cry. It looked like a freak show. the posterior tag is gone but it left a nice open (almost done healing) slit around the ring of my butt hole. there is abit of swelling to the side of it so it looks like a small tag next to the slit. in the middle of my butt hole is one big one small thrombosed hemroids. and anterior to the hemroids is a smaller slit/healing wound from the anterior tag. Although there is practically no pain but i can feel the pressure, discomfort and maybe occasional pain from the hemroids. I know I am lucky to have no pain and it has only been 3 days post op but can someone PLEASE tell me this was all worth it?!?!? my WORST fear is that after all this pain and suffering i am just going to end where I started: MORE ANAL TAGS and possibility hemroids. :( I will keep who ever is reading/researching updated.

Hi Hotbunz, how is it now?

hello, i have just had 2 exterior anal skin tags removed today by having them lasered off under general aneasthetic. i feel fine and not in pain, but i just took a look like you did and im horrified, ive gone from having 2 very small skin tags to my arse hole looking like a big arangatang's/bunch of grapes, please tell me that this is just swelling and it goes down??? i'm really worried

Wow, reading all this, who would want the surgery? See if it heals on its own first, or rub some calendula lotion on it, or better yet, go to your nearest health food/vitamin store and talk to a naturalist about it. They probably have something better.

I am in day 2 after tag removal and Botox / agony from when I left hospital - it will get better but what is VERY disappointing is that I can still feel the skin tag - not all gone plus I have piles now and hard area at site of injections.

I know it's early but unless there is a major turnaround in next few weeks / I am never having this treatment again.

I had a post hemorrhoid skin tag removal surgery done 6 days ago. The first two days it looked like how everyone described, swollOS and worse than before, but that was to be expected. The first day I had minimal pain because of the lidocaine. The 2nd day I laid on the floor and cried from painbreaks breastfeeding and didn't want to take pain meds but I had to give in. Bowel movements were painful but easy because of a high fiber diet and lots of fiber powder like benefiber. Im on day 6 now and everything looks great down there! I am pain free (bowel movements still hurt, but no pain when not having one) and I wohigh recommend the surgery if you are feeling self conscious like I was. also no moris hygiene issues.

I had an anal skin tag removed 8 days ago. It had to go, it had been really playing with my self esteem (another female in her 20s).

The pain originally seemed to be worth it, I didn't really care about that, just take it easy for the first three days and take paracetamol and ibuprofen together. The surgery went as described above with the painkiller shots and I have quite a few stitches which I'm getting removed tomorrow.  

What I'm really concerned about though is that the area above the stitching looks like another tag/hemorrhoid, please for the love of god tell me this will go away??!! Not only was it costly and humiliating but it just plays with my confidence far too much. I read above that one doctor says it was swelling , I hope so. I'll post up my progress but in the meantime if anyone had reassuring advice or stories to tell that would be great.

I just had two anal skin tags removed about 7 days ago. My first couple of days were uncomfortable but not extremely painful. It took me about 5 days to actual make a bowl movement... I'm guessing because of the two enemas they had me use. I was prescribed Percocet and valium for pain and anal spasm. The surgery itself lasted for maybe less than 10 minutes. I was given some sort of anesthesia in my IV along with fluids for hydration. Well after skin the suits bags and taking the needs I feel like I was doing everything right but now my anus looks like a freak show... not to mention my stitches have come undone. I called the surgery clinic to inform them and the nurse said that's normal and that I may experience some swelling. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel and my but looks normal after that. I don't even let my boyfriend look at it. It's horrendous and it doesn't seem like they've solved my problem at all. I would really like an unbiased professional opinion. Maybe there are some before and after pics of the actual surgery. They put every thing on the internet. Good luck to every body experiencing this nightmare. 

Good lord! Who knew this "minor" surgery would be such a pain in the ass! Had one removed about a week ago, and received very little after care instructions from the Dr. Not even sure if I have stitches that need to come out, or dissolve on their own!? Was only told to take ibu and tylenol for pain. I asked if i would need a stool softener, and was told no. That was B.S., because bowel movements are pretty painful. I am still scared to look down there, because it feels like how most of you are describing yours look - horrendous! I feel like an orangutan right now. Very painful...hope it sorts itself out.