I have had this sharp pain under my right rib cage for the past 3 days. If i hold my breath I cant feel the pain but right when I breath a sharp pain comes. It also hurts on my right shoulder blade. At first I thought it was gas, but after 3 days i dont think that is the problem. After I run or perform any physical activity it hurts continually whether im breathing or not. Gallbladder problems have also run in my family. Any thoughts on what it could be? 

Just a head's up this is just a personal experience and probably not a good answer.

Have you been injured in the area lately or have general muscle pains from over exercising or sleeping funny? I sometimes get that problem when my back is out of order from sleeping in weird positions and it often does last days. Also when I was younger I got that sharp pain every so often for years, it wasn't fun. I found I couldn't take deep breaths and sometimes the only way to make it stop was to breathe through it and sort of pop the pain or something. I have no idea what that coulda been from but I winded myself pretty bad it might have been that, but it did last for years on and off. Eventually it resolved itself. If you really don't think it's something as simple as that you really ought to see your physician.

fractured rib  nedds to be rapped see a doctor

If you have the pain in your right shoulder blade then it is your gallbladder. It seems odd, but the nerves that transmit the pain of the gall bladder have the same path as those of the right shoulder blade, that is why you have that associated pain. I had mine removed, same pain. The pain on me also moved over my shoulder as if was a contraction.