When I lay on my right side, I have a moderate to extreme discomfort in the lower middle of my rib cage. It feels as if it's caving in, but being pushed outward. Like pitching a tent. It doesn't happen when I lay on my left side, though. I constantly feel my rib cage in fear that one side could shift outward or be lop sided.. I have spondylothesis, do you think that could have shifted my rib cage?

Ok I have been researching this on the web and found most replies pointing to chonodrosarcoma of ribs.  Extremely unlikely if you feel no pain.  You can get yourself pretty worked-up about this, as i did.
Depending on your age, older more likely, the hard lump you feel between your rib cage (center apex) is called Xiphoid Process.  My Endo just checked me out and defined this for me.  The hard lump is not a lump but a continuation of your rib cage.  Normal as we all get older.  No Cancer.  A lot of miss information on the web.  Hope this helps you.