Hello! I have developed some dark marks on my hands and neck. They are rough to the touch. I looked online for some answers and I found similar photos. My marks resemble acanthosis nigricans. I am overweight, just like the info about acanthosis nigricans said. I also read that acanthosis nigricans usually only causes changes to the appearance of the skin, and that there is no particular treatment needed. However, I was wondering if I should do anything to make it go away quicker. Thank you

I am afraid you ran into insufficient information. Acanthosis nigricans is often a sigh of an underlying condition and people who develop it need to undergo further analysis. There could be a serious biochemical disorder that requires intervention. Your obesity may be one of the causes of systemic disease and you may need to make necessary changes in diet and exercise. But, first of all you need to see a doctor right away.