I'm 16-years old, male, 6'2" and about 210 pounds. When I was about 14 years-old, I experienced a tremendous weight gain that thus caused me to develop stretch marks along my upper-arms, above my armpits, and my hips. The stretch marks on my hips don't bother me at all, because guys rarely wear shirts that expose that part.

However, the stretch marks along my upper-arm and upper-armpit are really annoying with me. When you're looking at them directly, you can't really notice them at all. But if you look at them from a certain angle and if you're outside, you can see a bunch of little indents running up my arm. It's pretty ugly.

I used to be 240 pounds, and now I successfully lost 30 pounds to end at 210 pounds. Now that my skin got looser, you can definitely see the "canals".

Alright, now, here's my problem. I'm trying to lose more weight and gain muscle in the gym. I thought that if my arm muscles (biceps/triceps) got bigger and more cut, and lost weight, the little "canals" running in my arm would get tightened and disappear. When I do it with my own hand (flexing and tightening my skin), they do disappear.

Will my plan work out well, or does it sound unrealistic. I'm just paranoid about the canals because I'm well aware that girls won't find them attractive, and I can't even take my shirt off around my girl friend because of my embarrassment.

Please comment on your opinion. Thanks for reading my enormous post - it really means a lot to me.

Thanks again! 8)

Can someone please answer? :-(

Though you will not lose the stretch marks, when they are filled out with muscle they are a whole lot less noticeable.
Your story sounds ineradicably like a friend that I knew in high school. When he was in 9th grade he was flabby and overweight, but large in stature like you. By his senior year he looked great, because he started taking working out and eating right seriously. In college the girls loved his body, and he took a summer lifeguard job every year while in school.

So to shorten it, it's a great plan. Take it seriously, and you will be very surprised how much your world will change.

Hey,
I would like to say first that I know how you feel, I first noticed mine when I was 12. Though I haven’t gotten rid of mine completely, I have learned that you can reduce their appearance a lot. Before I tell you how though I do want to give some background just so that you understand the idea behind what I am about to tell you to do: Stretch marks occur under the surface layer of the skin, which is what makes them so hard to heal, what you need to do is find a way to shed your outer layer so that the lower layer of your skin becomes your new upper layer and is 1. easier to heal and 2. as new skin grows back the appearance of damaged skin is less noticeable. I want to mention one last thing, when you first expose the inner layer of your skin you will see the stretch marks better that is because they are exposed. DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, once new skin begins to grow, you will see results. ok so this is what you do. 1. take a hot shower. This is important bec you want your skin to be moist and your pores to open. Dont start right away, let the steam get to your skin first. oh maybe I should have mentioned this first, your going to need a scrubber and a rough one, I use the rough side of CVS brand dish sponge - make sure to wet it first! this thing is really rough. Now let me warn you of something else, the first time I did this I was in pain after, you don’t feel it at first but believe me even the smallest pressure is working to remove the top layer of skin, don’t go crazy what you want to do is use a shower gel with a moisturizer in it (preferably with aloe) and in a circular motion move the sponge over the area with stretch marks. If you do it too long and hard it will hurt later. If by chance you do break skin too much please buy Mederma so that you dont scar. After your shower dry your skin and apply an aloe gel or oil (I like the oil because it is purer in its aloe content). After your shower your skin should be a healthy pink (assuming you didn’t go too far) and you will see your stretch marks clearer. Like I said, don’t despair. Your going to need to give your skin at least three days of downtime to regrow. You can help it do so, I have seen really great results with Captiva sm (they are giving away free trials) but you can do your own research on what stretch mark creams really help. make sure to apply them after your shower. using a soft sponge this time (remember this is your rejuvenating days so you dont want to hurt your skin again) slightly exfoliate with a circular motion the affected area and then dry and apply the cream. For the first month, I would say to exfoliate with the hard sponge once a week. This doesn’t have to be the same day of the week and in fact it’s better if it’s not because your skin will respond better if it cant predict when it needs to prompt new skin growth (just a theory though). Later on, you want to use your own judgment on how often you would like to do this. Do this the rest of your life. Good luck! and please let me know how it goes. One more tip. If you’ve given your skin sufficient time to heal and want to shed skin but not too much during downtime there is a product that you can use in between called Reytnol. It has been used to smooths wrinkles, but helps for stretch marks as well. The product I got is from Israel, I don’t think they sell is here, but I’m sure you could get it online. It is a bit expensive though (around 60 bucks) but worth it bec you have to use very little. Its called SHOVALA from Gold Cosmetics and should be used at night after a shower and slight exfoliation. There is a milder one simply called ANTI STRETCH MARKS same company, and that one I’ve been applying when I wake up. Don’t use too much of it as they do shed and tighten skin and may hurt a bit and dont use it right after exfoliating with rough sponge
Hope this helps…

Try regularly massaging the stretchmarks with oil/lotion/gel preferably before you sleep. It'll slowly reduce their appearance.

Hey man, think kd it like this if you are f/$/@& massive with a lot of muscle mass. No one is gonna give a sh*t about a few marks on your skin. So go bend some iron and put on that mucsle. Don't think just do it. Have fun, stay safe, Ronnie