Hey there, I've got dark brown skin between my legs, in my inner thighs, it looks like it's really dirty but I do wash. I'm guessing it's from my legs rubbing together and stuff when I walk (I'm a fairly big girl). I just really want to know how to get rid of it! I'm always scrubbing at it, but it doesn't seem to be going away. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

You need to see a dermatologist about it. If these dark spots are not going away then they are here to stay and it may be very hard to get rid of them.
There is this cream called Retina-A used to treat acne vulgaris but it is also used for dark spots, as well as rough skin and other skin disorders. This drug removed the top layer of skin, replaces it with new skin and in that way lightens the skin and removes dark spots.
There are different dosages of the drug, so you would need a doctor to prescribe you the right dosage according to your problem individually. You can’t get the drug without prescription anyway. This drug is used with some other additional creams or a skin care program.
You shouldn’t use it on your own because the drug may even harm the skin and worsen the spots if used incorrectly.

Hello, I have the same problem. Here's what I do. I exfoliate every day in the shower between my legs then follow with lotion. I find this to be working.
Try it what do you have to loose. Good Luck!!!

Hi, what kind of lotion do you use? and do you improvement?

Girl don't worry I have the remedy. You must buy pure shea butter it's about $5 real cheap, pure 100% vitamin e oil that about $10 and pure emu oil that's $15. Mix all these ingredients together, by melting the shea butter over heat then add the emu oil n vitamin e oil together then pour into a empty clean container big enough so u can whip the oil cool into a cream like base. When showering use apricot scrub n a loafa to scrub the inner. After the shower apply the cream do this in the morning n in the night I promise u within a week u will see the difference if u have black heads there too I will help to minimize it. Also try not to wear real tight clothing let ur thighs breathe a bit. It may sound perverted but don't sleep with short or even under wear let them breathe

One possible cause is Acanthosis nigricans, (which often causes dark skin under the arms, in the groin, or on the neck). Acanthosis nigricans can also be a sign of insulin resistance,so you may want to consult your doctor/dermatologist to test you to see if you are pre-diabetic. Better sooner rather than later, because once diabetes sets in it cannot be reversed.

What was suggested above about scrubbing a using creams does help, but it will eventually come back if the source problem is not fixed, and although i'm no professional, i have personal experience about that. I also have the same exact problem and it is so frustrating as i thought it was also from my thighs rubbing together too, and i'm not even overweight. Then i thought the dark spots on the axillary (armpits) was from shaving, but it's not! It is actually one of the symptoms of a pre-diabetic disease or syndrome called INSULIN RESISTANCE. This affects many people in north America, just like diabetes (mainly because of our lifestyle and our diet).

You should t go see a dermatologist for that now, you should go see your doctor who should refer you to an endocrinologist (hormone specialist). He will ask for blood tests after asking you a few questions. But please do so asap, as IR can develop into diabetes, which as said is irreversible. Insulin resistance is not curable, but it is treatable and if controlled, can create no further harm or discomfort as well as eliminate risks for developing diabetes.

Here are some symptoms of IR:
- Fatigue after meals
- Need t eat sweets especially after meals
- Always craving for carbs and refined sugars
- Constantly or easily gaining weight especially around the mid section
(too much fat accumulation around the waist)
-acanthosis nigricans (dark spots and hard skin under the axillary, on the neck, inner thighs, under the brestasand groin)

If you want more info, google search "Insulin Resistance in women" or SYNDROME X, and don't forget to take an appointment with your doc!
Best of luck, and keep us updated!!! ;-)

Oh really o.O i have all the symptoms u just mention. What am i suppose to do?

Another Cause of these dark areas is PCOS Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, I only know this cause I was diagnosed about 4 months ago, (have had it awhile) and these dark spots are a symptom of this. But....PCOS is also very closely related to Insulin Resistance, so Its all connected.

I also have these dark areas, in my arm pits and legs.

-Canadian Girl

I have both diabetes and PCOS and have had the dark spots between my legs, elbows, knees, neck, and under arms all my life. I am not really sure anything can get rid of it. Whitening/lightening creams have not worked for me. However, I haven't seen a dermatologist about it yet either.

I have darker skin around my groin... but not anywhere else! is this because my legs rub together, because i'm not skinny, but i don't have anything on my neck, under my breasts, or my under arms. i'm fairly young to ask ym mom to take me to a gynecologist, i'm 15, and i don't want it to be diabetes! i just can't seem to lose the weight! i exfoliate, and nothing seems to work. i can't get a perscription, because of what i just stated before. please help? that'd be great. i feel so self concious. especially when i get older, i don't want to be sexually active, and have my husband think i don't clean myself!! because i do! :O please help me!

I am 13 and i have had the darkness in my thighs and slightly under my arms and neck since i was seven or eight . i have used a loofah sponge i have used cream , i have even used toothpaste and i have yet to see results. my neck has cleared alone and my underarms have also cleared. i know really did anything under my arms or on my neck , i only focus on my thighs. although i feel a little insecure in my ballet school on my first day girls laughed at me but it didnt really bother me and i still shamelessly spread apart my legs, but when i get older i do not want a boyfreind or husband to see me in shorts.

hey i am having the same problem too i really want this thing to go away i will try ur remedies and see if they work. i feel so left out that i cant wear bathing suits because of this stupid darkness between my legs. i get blisters too how do i get rid of that

hey im 15 and overweight! Ever since i can remember ive always had dark spots on my knees, elbows, inner thighs, under arms and a lil on my neck. It's so embarrassing! my mom is always telling me to scrub and use cream and i do but nothing ever works. Is it possible for me to be a diabetic? i wish i could ask my parents to take me to a doctor or someone but i know they'll just think its not necessary. can someone plz tell me what are these dark spots and what should i do about them?! thank you!

You may possibly have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Brown, velvety skin between the thighs, under the arms are a symptom of PCOS.