Hey everyone. I really need your help. I got in love with this beautiful guy and I think that he likes me to. But for two months and even more he is avoiding me and he doesn't want us to start any kind of relationship. I didn't know why because all my friends are telling me that he likes me as well. But yesterday, while I was in the hospital waiting for some results and analysis with my mom, I saw him. He was there as well and I could hear doctors telling him that he needs to come back tomorrow because, I am quoting - "Atherosclerosis can be really dangerous if you let it untreated.". What this is and how to treat it? How serious this diagnose is?

Hi Guest,

Atherosclerosis is a disease in which plaque builds up inside your arteries. Arteries are blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood to your heart and other parts of your body.

Plaque is made up of fat, cholesterol, calcium, and other substances found in the blood. Over time, plaque hardens and narrows your arteries. This limits the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your organs and other parts of your body.

Atherosclerosis can lead to serious problems, including heart attack, stroke, or even death. Treatment is definitely necessary and it consists of lifestyle changes, different medications and in most cases, surgery is required.

If his condition is severe, he might have to undergo surgery. Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), also known as coronary angioplasty, is a procedure that’s used to open blocked or narrowed coronary (heart) arteries. PCI can improve blood flow to the heart and relieve chest pain. Sometimes a small mesh tube called a stent is placed in the artery to keep it open after the procedure.

That is just one of the procedures done to fix atherosclerosis. I think that you should give that guy some space. If he really likes you, he will reach you when he gets better, and if you like him, you will wait.

This isn't really something that can be treated. I mean, it can, but people are mostly using medications and making some lifestyle changes in order to avoid some further complications like heart attack and stroke. But if he undergoes surgery, than he should be okay, but he will still need to accept some lifestyle changes if he doesn't want to have atherosclerosis again.

If this guy is a smoker, he will definitely need to quit smoking, this is usually something that a lot of people can't handle. I don't know, you can maybe try and talk to him and tell him that you know what he didn't want you to know.

Hey guys. I was really afraid that something like this is possible. Now I don't know how to tell him that I do know what he is going through and that I really want to help him. I haven't seen him since that day, but I am sure that I can easily find a way to get in touch with him. You mentioned the surgery - how dangerous this surgery can be? Is this just a routine surgery or he will need a lot of time for his recovery process? And can you tell me what are the symptoms of this issue at the first place. Anyway, I really want to help him just I am not sure how. Thank you for being so kind with me.

Hello there. There is so many things about Atherosclerosis that we don’t know. For example, Atherosclerosis means hardening and narrowing of the arteries and it gets a lot of bad press but with good reason. This progressive process silently and slowly blocks arteries, putting blood flow at risk. Atherosclerosis starts early. There are so many ways of the treatment and thanks God, they all are very good because you can continue with your life without having any kind of pain. But it is true that this condition can be very serious, especially if you let it untreated. It can lead to the death. 

Good day everyone.

If this is not that dangerous, it can be treated simply with medications. There are a lot of medicines that can protect you against atherosclerosis and they can treat it as well. For example, every doctor will recommend you Statins, because they are the best medications for lowering "bad" LDL cholesterol in your blood and your body. They are also the most widely used cholesterol drugs. Statins cause LDL levels to fall by up to 60%. They also raise levels of HDL or "good" cholesterol. And they can help lower the level of triglycerides. Taking a statin for a year or longer can even slightly shrink plaques that cause atherosclerosis. And it can treat it as well. Good luck.