Hi! My problem is dark underarms. What can cause dark underarms? How to lighten skin in that area? Have anyone any suggestions?

Hi! There are some possible causes. The cause can be constant friction which happens if you are overweight or if you wear tight blouses and tops that brush against the skin. Excessive sweating that is common in warm places, particularly when women use skintight blouses and. Improper hygiene leading to infections. Cause can be shaving of underarm hair. First, start with proper hygiene. Then, switch to sugaring instead of shaving or waxing to remove unwanted hair. Use a skin lightening cream. I resolve my problem; I hope that you will too.

Hi! I reventley createda website that specifically addresses underarm discoloration issues. It has tons of information on whst causes this condition, treatment, and pictures. Please check it out at

freewebs.com/dark-underarms

I was like many of you...looking for anwsers...please check it out! :-D

deasy wrote:

This is a sign of insulin resistance, a precursor to diabetes mellitus. It's called nigricans acanthosis, sometimes listed as acanthosis nigricans. Please read up on this condition--if I had known I was pre-diabetic years ago, it would have saved me a lot of health issues.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***