HIYA
I HAVE HAD AN INTERESTING LAST 4 WEEKS. I WOKE UP ONE MORNING WITH SEVERE PAIN IN MY LEFT ARM GOING DOWN INTO MY FINGERS.
AFTER A TRIP TO THE ER I WAS SENT BACK TO MY FAMILY DOC. WHO THEN SENT ME FOR AN MRI. AFTER THE MRI I THEN PAID A VISIT TO A NEUROSURGEON WHO AFTER LOOKING AT THE FILMS SAID... YOU NEED SURGERY. NO OTHER OPTIONS WERE DISCUSSED. MY FAMILY DOC THEN CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THAT I HAD CORD COMPRESSION ON THREE LEVELS WITH TWO RUPTURED AND ONE HERNIATED DISC.
SO.. I AM SCHEDULED FOR THE PROCEDURE IN TWO WEEKS. IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS NOTHING GOOD HERE ABOUT THE PROCEDURE AND I AM VERY SCARED AND DISCOURAGED. MY PAIN HAS SUBSIDED BUT MY ARMS AND LEGS OCCASIONALLY TINGLE AND GO NUMB.
IF I DON'T HAVE THE PAIN DOES THAT MEAN THAT I DON'T NEED THE SURGERY? I HAVE ONE OF THE TOP NEUROSURGEONS AT A LEVEL ONE TRAUMA CENTER WHO IS KNOWN TO BE VERY CONSERVATIVE WITH THE KNIFE. INCIDENTALLY I AM A NURSE THERE AND WORK WITH HIM .. HE'S GREAT. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO HEAR THAT THE REASONS THAT THIS SURGERY IS NEEDED... AND THAT I AM GOING TO BE BETTER OFF WITH IT IN THE LONG RUN. ALSO, I HAVE STARTED WALKING FUNNY.. IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING. I THINK IT'S THE NEURONTIN.. BUT MY HUSBAND SAYS THAT I DO IT EVEN IF I DON'T TAKE IT.
NEED SOME ENCOURAGEMENT...
CONNIE