Hi! I have problem with high blood pressure. Doctor prescribed me elelapril. I read that enelapril is the ACE inhibitor. Tell me if you know something more about ACE inhibitors. Also I am interested to know more about high blood pressure. What is damage of high blood pressure?

Hi! If high blood pressure continues for a long time, the heart and arteries may not function properly. This can damage the blood vessels of the brain, heart, and kidneys, resulting in a stroke, heart failure, or kidney failure. High blood pressure may also increase the risk of heart attacks. It most important to say that ACE inhibitors will not cure your high blood pressure but it does help control it. You may have to take high blood pressure medicine for the rest of your life. If high blood pressure is not treated, it can cause serious problems. This medicine may cause you to have an unusual feeling of tiredness when you begin to take it. In beginning of use this drug I notice an increase in the amount of urine. After you have taken the medicine for a while, these effects should lessen.