Hi, did anyone here have borderline or high blood pressure? Last time I had my tested, it was little over borderline, 158/85 if I remember well. Should I treat my blood pressure?

I don’t think 158/85 is “little” over borderline. I think this pressure is stage I hypertension. Little over borderline would be 120-140/ 80-90. Both systolic and diastolic pressures are important. You have to treat your hypertension! It could cause some serious damages to your blood vessels, heart and kidneys. If you don’t treat your high blood pressure, you could get heart failure, small bulges in blood vessels, heart attack and stroke. Don’t think that you’re not in danger of hypertension if you exercise and if you’re not overweight. It could happen to anyone. Blood pressure changes during the day, so you better write it down every time you check it out.

About a year and half ago, I never knew I had blocked arteries, I had to have a tripple bypass. My blood pressure had never been high in the past but it is high now. Last night it was 158/85 too. That is HIGH. I got my medicine and took it. You might want to have your doctor run the tests on your heart for blocked arteries. I was only 45 at the time of my surgery and most people are nearly 15-20 years older than that.

Seems to be plenty of "OMG IT'S HIGHER THAN NORMAL, LET'S PANIC!" people on here. Blood pressure does not only rely on diet/exercise as most of these sites, users seem to suggest. It also fluctuates with stress (tense situations, work, doctors appointments, etc.). Take this into account, take numerous readings (use the free meters in stores) and work from there. My blood pressure has been high for years. My doctor isn't worried about it, i'm not going to be worried about it because it's job related due to stress. Talk to your doctor, make sure to include everyday stressers and system stressers like work, travel, caffeine and tobacco intake, etc. when talking to them so they can get a broad picture of what may be causing the high blood pressure and they'll work from there. Stressing yourself out more because it's high and reading "I had a heart attack so you're going to too because I CAN'T be an individual set of circumstances" is not going to help. P.S. I know this is over a year old, this post is more for the others searching and running across the overly panicked advice given above.

You are so right about this. Docs always try to scare ya into taking drugs...mine was high whenever checked aka white coat syndrome PLUS before Merck and Pfizer made bp meds the correct way to calculate BP was our age plus 100 is the upper number and the bottom number was set at 80 if under age 70. And one try at docs office isnt a clear idea of BP. It must be taken over several days and an average reading calculated. If i went by my gp readings id have been on meds since age 23. Im now 56 and i take readings at home at at various pharmacies. 140/ 75 is my avg. Most days im 130/70...no pills for me. My BP dropped after retiring from stressful job plus magnesium and progesterone cream keep my bp down. ( along with some medical weed)