Hi, folks. My best friend has been diagnosed with acute bacterial inflammation of the middle ear. I know that this cannot be treated fast and easily. I would like to know what the treatment is. Can anyone help with some piece of info? I will appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hi, there. If there is acute bacterial inflammation of the middle ear like you say, then your friend must take antibiotics. If there is pain, she can also take painkiller. For middle ear infection it is not enough to put antibiotic drops in ear canal. This is a severe inflammation and antibiotics must be taken at least per oral. It can be also administrated like shots. The treatment can last longer than throat infections. It can last for about 3 to 4 weeks. I hope your friend will soon feel better. Good luck! Bye!