Hello, folks. My friend has been administrated to the hospital urgently. I think he has been diagnosed with acute kidney failure. I know that this is something serious and I would really like to know how you can treat condition like this is. I would really appreciate your replies. Bye, folks!

Hello, there. Acute kidney failure is a syndrome that can be caused by various factors. That is why the most important thing in therapy is to find that cause and treat it. Another very important thing is to recover kidney function. We wouldn’t like that fluid and toxic materials build up one’s body. Diuretics can be given to prevent fluid retention, but antibiotics as well in order to prevent an infection. It is also important to avoid high levels of potassium in blood (hyperkalemia). This can be achieved with IV calcium or glucose/insulin. Dialysis can also be given, but it is not necessary. It will be necessary if potassium levels are high. I hope this helps.