Hi, folks. My little cousin has been administrated to the hospital. In fact, he is diagnosed with meningitis. I know that this is serious infection, so I would like to know something more about treating this infection in children. I will appreciate any kind of info. Thanks in advance. Bye, folks.

Hi to you too. You are right. Meningitis is indeed a serious infection. That is why this case is especially sensitive. I think that it is good that your cousin is in hospital. He will get all the necessary care there. Antibiotics are also the first line of medication here. Maybe you can consult a doctor for more details. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, everyone. Meningitis is a rapidly progressive disease, so the treatment must be immediate. It is also life threatening. While child is being driven to the hospital, he/she should receive a proper supportive care. This includes: Tylenol for fever, preventing a child from choking, direct observation. Taking a lot of fluid is also recommended. If the meningitis is caused by a virus, then the child can be sent home. Of course, if there is any kind of symptom going worse, a doctor should be immediately consulted. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi. Treatment should immediately begin before the test results are done. If there is a danger of respiratory distress, then intubation is a must. Heart rate should also be monitored. Fluid must be given in order to prevent dehydration. Tylenol is also recommended. Antibiotics must be given to fight the infection. Which one will be given depends on the cause and the age of a patient. Steroids can also be given to reduce the inflammation. Bye!