Good evening, folks. My friend has been administrated in hospital due to brain stroke. I know that he had previously had infective endocarditis. I would like to know if this could be the cause of stroke. I hope someone will be able to answer me. I would really appreciate all your replies.

Hello to you too. Infective endocarditis can be a cause for a brain stroke. Bacteria or fungi that cause endocarditis form a mass. This mass can be relocated. This is what we call emboli. This embolus can make an obstruction in a certain blood vessel and compromise blood supply of a certain organ. Brain can be one of them. In this way, there is a brain stroke. I hope I’ve helped with this. Bye!

Hello. I also agree with the previous post. My friend had infective endocarditis. However, he didn’t treat it properly. At the end he was hospitalized due to a brain stroke. That is why the treatment of infective endocarditis must be intensive and aggressive. One shouldn’t be playing with his/her health. I hope everything with your friend. Good luck with all! Bye!