Hello, folks. My little nephew got an elbow fracture and he was administrated to the hospital. However, there are some complications. He got deformity of the elbow after this trauma. I would like to find out something more and what can be done. I will appreciate all your replies. Bye, guys!

Hello, there. Elbow fractures are tough to handle with. One of the most common complications is Volkmann’s ischemic contracture. It is caused by swelling. Nerves and bloodvessels are damaged here by this swelling. The hand and forearm are contracted here. It must be treated in hospital. I am not sure what kind of deformity you had in mind. Please, let me know, so I can help. Bye! Good luck!

Hi, there. Elbow fractures can be nasty. I have heard about Volkmann’s contracture, but I am not sure whether this is what he meant on. Condylar fractures can bring some other kind of deformities. Cubitus valgus or varus deformity may occur. Forearm transposition may also occur. I hope your nephew will be all right. You must be persistent with his treatment and later with rehabilitation. I would appreciate all your replies. Bye!