Hello, my friends. I woke up this morning and saw my eye that was red. I even saw some puce. My neighbor told me that it was probably conjunctivitis. I would like to know how to get rid of this. Can anyone help me with this condition of mine? Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hi, there. Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye. It is the inflammation of conjunctiva. The main types are: bacterial, viral and allergic conjunctivitis. If you have bacterial one, you will probably use antibiotic drops. If you have allergic one, you will have steroid drops. Just in case, doctors usually give combination of these two medications. Tobradex is just one of these combinations. You should visit an ophthalmologist. He will prescribe you the best treatment option. Bye!

Well,
I think that this is really conjunctivitis. How did he get this? I know that there are several ways that you can get conjunctivitis, like allergic reaction or bacteria. Also fungal infection or Chlamydia may cause this problem in the eyes. Now the fact is that the treatment of the conjunctivitis depends on the cause of the eye condition. If he got the conjunctivitis from a bacteria for instance then he will need to use antibiotics to get rid of the infection in the eye. That goes the same for fungal infection as well. He will however need to see a doctor to find out what really caused this condition.

All the best,
Nelie