My sister is 35 and few months ago she was diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. I found about it just recently, due to a fact that I live in another city. When I visited her I was shocked with the way she looked. She told me that she lost her appetite ever since she started using adderall. Can I get more information about this detail? Thanx

Adderall is pharmaceutical amphetamine used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy. It is a stimulant of central nervous system composed of four amphetamine salts. These salts are amphetamine aspartate, amphetamine sulfate, dextroamphetamine saccharate, and dextroamphetamine sulfate. Dextroamphetamine sulfate is also prescribed alone as Dexedrine. These four salts are metabolized at different rates, making the highs and the lows much softer. Adderall works by blocking the reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine into the presynaptic neuron. It also increases their release from the presynaptic neuron into the extraneuronal space. Basically, Adderall reverses the reuptake mechanism, turning it into a pump instead of a vacuum. The most common side-effects of Adderall are: insomnia, anorexia (due to a loss of appetite), diarrhea, upset stomach, headaches, nervousness, urinary retention, tics etc. Many students today request Adderall from doctors in order to use it for tests and finals, because Adderall uses amphetamine stimulants to help the user concentrate on one thing at a time. It can improve concentration, but only for a small period of time because of its short half-life. If your sister has severe side-effects, then the smart thing for her to do is to visit her doctor.

Can I take adderall with meridia 10 ml. at the same time, or should i stop taking meridia first? Which drug makes you lose your appetite more?

Have you been prescribed adderall for ADD? I hope you’re not planning on using it on your own. Adderall is an amphetamine and you do know that ampethamines are illegal due to their negative effects on central nervous system and many other possible side effects. Loss of appetite that occurs while on Adderall is only temporary and considered as a side effect of this drug. When adderall(amphetamines) are used for a prolonged time within the recommended doses, side effects like loss of appetite tend to decrease over time.

Meridia is anti-obesity drug, strictly prescribed for obese people to be used along with diet and exercise. It also works by affecting neurotransmitters in the brain. Meridia affects serotonin while Adderall affects dopamine and norepinephrine.
Meridia often interacts with many over the counter drugs, as well as weight-reducing agents, decongestants, antidepressants, etc.

I think you should definitely quit Meridia or at least talk to your doctor about it first because adderall and Meridia shouldn’t be used together.

I take Meridia 10 and Adderall 20 that my doctor prescribed and I am doing just fine. I have lost weight and feel great!