I am taking Adderall XR 30mg. I have weird feeling after...not like side effects, just maybe kind of lethargic feeling. It really gives me energy,1 day off and I had to stay in bed.

You, who are using adderall just to get high, have no legitimate medical need for it. No wonder you have weird feeling after. Take it all the time; of course it stops working because the body builds a tolerance to almost anything.

What makes you think this person that is taking Adderall has "no legitimate medical need for it."????? How on earth could you ever know that without reading their records? You should not be so quick to judge. This person came here for an explanation to a problem they are having and you slam them like you are the only person in the world that needs meds or is without fault. I am Bi-Polar and I also take adderall for the A.D.D. issues that I have had all my life. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

Who knows what the original poster was diagnosed with; they didn't say. But personally, I think that if Adderall doesn't make you relaxed and sleepy, if you don't find that you're sleeping BETTER after taking it, if you don't want to take a NAP an hour after taking it... in other words, if you are having a NORMAL reaction and not a STRONGLY ATYPICAL one... you should NOT be taking it. Plenty of people who even *have* ADHD shouldn't take Adderall. It is appropriate for VERY FEW people. I am one of the few. I've actually used it as a sleeping pill and I'm sure I will again. I'm going to ask my doctor about switching the dose to evening because yep, speed makes me fall asleep. If you have the normal reaction, however, it will kick your sympathetic nervous system into permament overdrive, and tear up your adrenal glands and immune system over time. PLEASE leave Adderall to the freaks like me... we really need it!!! Everyone else, stay away for your own good!!!

I've been taking Adderall XR at 10mg for the past 5 days, along with a mood stabilizer (lamictal). The first day, I took it in the afternoon, could not sleep, and felt I had higher energy - the reaction, i believe, of someone who doesnot need the drug. However, since the second day I took it, I felt my anxiety had left me completely. I was also less moody, and so, so calm. I've been sleeping wonderfully.
I am not sure I have ADD, as I went to the doctor for anxiety and depression. I am hoping some advice, considering my reaction to this drug, and that the mood stabilizer should not have taken effect yet.

Everyone has different medical problems. Adderall is used for ADHD, ADD and for sleep problems. Everyone is different and may need it for all different reasons...not just to sleep. Your body does get adjusted to it and Adderall raises your serentoin levels it is a nervouse system stimulant so if you use it for a week then stop all of a sudden your body will mostly likely crash, and that's why you want to sleep(mostly for people with just ADD) ;-)

you're probably taking too much. if you feel lightheaded, dizzy, or "spun" you probably need to eat regularly before you take it. the comedown can be harsh, especially if you are underslept and not eating properly

You're going to have a high feeling the first week or so of taking it. It's part of introducing MORE adrenaline into your body. The euphoria you recive hours after taking it is the adrenaline in your blood oxidizing creating adrenachome, (pink adrenaline). Also, amphetamines release an amount of free floating dopamine into your cells, causing a euphoric feeling. It's the same as that delusional feel you get after being awake for a really long time and your body starts running off of norepinephrine. Your body and mind have to adjust to this. It will go away. The problem that most people have is once that feeling goes away, they want it back. Try taking it with milk, it will slow the release time allowing you to adjust a little easier.

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder years ago and Lamictal is the only thing that helped stabilize my moods. It's really a great mood stabilizing drug.

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I've been taking Adderall XR at 10mg for the past 5 days, along with a mood stabilizer (lamictal).

Ya I love Lamictal too, but that has nothing to do with the original statement.

I dont care how old this is, The person who said it deals with serotonin is wrong. Neither of the amphetamines in adderall do anythign with serotonin. That my friend is what SSRI's are for... The L-amph deals with Norepinephrine and the d-amph deals with DOPAMINE. The reason people with anxiety recieve help from this is because of the L-amph.... cuz Norepinephrine deals with ANXIETY..

Norepinephrine = Noradrenaline... the predecessor to Epinephrine = ADRENALINE.. ding ding ding...

Please do some research before you go filling others heads with ur Ill knowledged thoughts.

and no, adderall is NOT suppose to make you tired u incompetent m***n.. if you dont take enough, sure, but taken in the RIGHT dose, it is suppose to speed up your central nervous system. In other words, make you motivated by speeding up the thought process so you can focus, and so you can create MORE DOPAMINE AND NOREPINEPHRINE. Raising these levels reduces anxiety in most and calms a person so their thoughts dont race. You are getting tired because you arent taking enough.

How do i know?!?! 1. Im a psychiatrist WITH a masters degree on top of a MD. 2. I have adhd myself and hae tested many different things for myself considering i can.

But it dont take rocket science ladies n gents... simple as one class. Psyc 202- recreational drugs and their uses.

After reading this thread I'm reluctant to post my question. This seems to be a touchy subject for some people but i really have a question and don't want to pay just to ask my doctor
so...
I've just started taking adderoll 20mil in the morning - this is my second day.
I was started on an anti anxiety / anti depressant last week called Trazodone.
The Trazodone was working real well, but i've had ADD my entire life and at 40 I'd like to do some normal stuff like go back to school or something - i'm just tired of going on dates and forgetting the persons name etc...
so I'm taking adderoll and I'm feeling really anxious.
I'm hoping that my body will adjust to the medication and the anxiety i feel is only temporary.
has anyone had these experiences and they resolved themselves -
How long should it take for my body to get used to the medicine or if right of the bat I'm feeling this way should i look at other options for my add?
what do you guys think?

I would have started at 10 mg XR and after a week if you do not have a sufficient reaction, or the 10 mg just makes you tired, then up it to 20 mg. That worked for me. Good luck :)

actually, it should make you calmer, therefore, less HYPER active and more focus without hyper-distraction. and sometimes the individual brands alter their formulas enough that sometimes you may recieve different results depending on the manufacturer.

i do not take adderal but do take generic RITALIN known as Methyphenidate or Methylin. I recognize a HUGE difference of these supposed identical meds and not just by the name by the manufacturer also.

I find I do not like methylphenidate, it has a more "tweeky" effect once you get moving with more trouble sleeping later though it can make you feel very tired and lethargic also (I've gone to sleep just an hour after dosing) if you just laze around.

I no longer will accept methylphenidate from the pharmacy due to the different effects, especially these odd purple pills I recieved from a Walgreens a year or two ago. Methylin white pill with M in a square (can't recall brand) is the only (ritalin) med I will accept. It's even noted in my file/account at the pharmacy.

I am currently finishing the last of my prescription with FULL intention of not going back. These meds can be horribly addictive with terrible side effects once you consider the daily strain your body goes through.

I understand that a much smaller group of individuals among the MILLIONS taking these "Controlled" (NARCOTIC) psychiatric drugs receive great benefits that improve their functioning and quality of life. I have myself found that with the "Literal Lifesaver" Lexapro, an (expensive) anti-depressant.

I consider myself one of this smaller group after 30 mostly un-medicated, sometimes mis-medicated and ALWAYS self-medicated years of only being ALIVE (not that I wanted to be) and never LIVING. When I use the term "living" I'm not referring to the "American Dream" as peddled by society's social standards, inflated expectations and constant consumer push to "Surpass the Jones' and NOW!" I am referring to being able to go through the day without someone catching a glance of my cut up limbs, without breaking down into a ball of fear & tears counting to ten over & over as if my breath depended on it.

That said, I strongly believe that overall greater damage is done to society as a whole, encouraging people to "take a pill" and label it medicine in order to quickly and easily "TREAT" the ever-growing number of "Disorders, Chemical Imbalances, Bad Habits and Behaviours" we now call diseases, most "Incurable" at that.

Self-awareness, analyzation and reflection should always be the first prescription, followed up by modifications of behavior. I have yet to try ANY ( & there's been many!) medication that single-handedly "FIXES" any diagnosed disorder as does asprin for a headache.

That said... The intent of this post is not to degrade or downplay any readers' personal diagnosis, individual struggles or treatment plans, pharmacutical or not.

Thank you,

takeyourmeds :-|

Stop looking for answers over the internet. All the BS I read nearly drove me insane. Ask a professional person who knows drugs well. >:(