I am on Meridia now and not losing any weight. I was on adipex for 3 months and i lost 20 lbs but i wanna lose more and the doc won't let me get back on adipex for 6 months! Why can you only take adipex for 3 months and i am wanting to get on aderall because i know the side effect is weight loss!! Any suggestions? %-) %-) %-)

Celebrity
Yes , I do have a suggestion for you! Forget about Adderall. It is a drug!!!
Weight loss is not the only side effect you could be experiencing with Adderall! Where did you get that idea anyway? This would be called drug abuse!

Adderall is used for mental problems like ADD and ADHD. Even people who need it have severe side. And you can’t be sure that you will experience weight loss. Besides you can get addicted and experience whole bunch of other side effects and withdrawal symptoms once you/if decide to stop. I will name just a few side effect. I am sure you wouldn’t want to experience lack of sexual desire that could occur; you could become anxious, nervous, experience headaches, dizziness, abnormal behaviour (often seen in children), high blood pressure,etc

How were you planning on getting Adderall anyway? How many pounds do you need to lose to reach your desired (normal) weight?

I need to lose 40 or 50 lbs. Adipex works so good for me. Why can you only take it for 3 months? Is there any other diet pill that works like Adipex? Will Meridia start working soon or should I just stop taking it? It seems like it;s increased my appetite. I've been on Meridia for about a week now!! PLEASE HELP ME I CAN'T STAND BEING FAT!!!!!!

Hello! How did you manage to get that far (40 lbs over) if you can’t stand being fat? Neither of us can! I put on a lot of weight when I moved in with my boyfriend and started a new sedentary work. I was in front of the computer screen for over 9h/day and wasn’t moving at all but had too much to eat since I worked from home. Some months after I was already a balloon and then I got pregnant! You can only imagine how that went. Some months after delivery I was two balloons and had no desire to do anything about it.

I started having some health problems and then my doc said I needed to lose weight and prescribed Meridia. It took around a week for it to decrease my appetite.
First couple of days I had problems with insomnia but that went back to normal soon after. Another thing I noticed about Meridia that I didn’t like was that I got constipated.

Anyway, it’s been 3 months and I can say I am satisfied. I lost 22 lbs and my appetite is still down. I am afraid that it might stop working soon because this is what I heard it happens after some time of taking this drug. You become tolerant.
Anyway, so far so good.

Well I have a history of Depression and I couldn't afford my Zoloft for a while so I got very depressed and gained alot of weight. Anyways I've been on Meridia for almost 2 weeks and I am soo itchy and rashy. Also, I am hungry all the time!! I take 10ml. should I decrease to 5ml. or stop taking them. Maby they're not working for me? Also, if Meridia works as an antidepression then why does my docter have me on zoloft and meridia?

Yes, I know that Meridia is also an anti-depressant but I have been reading that it actually didn’t prove to have any benefits as an anti-depressant but a good weigh loss product.

These two drugs influence the same chemicals (serotonin) in the brain, it’s just that Meridia affects one more (noradrenaline). It is not known why Meridia doesn’t work as an anti-depressant.
Anti-depressants instead of causing weight loss have weight gain as a side effect. Not everybody experience it, but almost all SSRI’s (Zoloft, Prozac, Celexa) are known for weight gains. It is said that they slow metabolism and cause hormonal changes that can lead to weight gain.
Maybe this is why your doc put you on both drugs.

However, I am not certain about how these two drugs are working together. I know that they are not supposed to be taken together, as Meridia interacts with many drugs, as well as Zoloft. It could happen that Zoloft is killing Meridia effects and this is why you’re not getting any appetite reduction.

Have you talked with your doctor about this? I think you should. You shouldn’t have rash for that long.

This is outrageous! I have ADHD and am dyslexic. I take adderal on regular basis. If it wasn't for adderal I could not have passed the CPA exam.

People who take this medicine for vain purposes make our lives more difficult (those of us who need the medicine). Every month I have to get my prescription by picking it up myself or sending my housekeeper. it is obtained by a triplicate. If I am out of my medicine and go to a different neurologist than my own, the doctor will not prescribe adderal to me unless if he gets my file/diagnosis from UCLA. The potential for this medicine to be abused makes our lives more difficult.

Just a minor correction, ADHD is not a mental disorder. It is a neurological disorder. I score very high on any IQ test that I take.

How were you planning on getting this medicine?

Remember, all the outside appearances do not have any true added value to your psyche. Most people nowadays have lost their soul. Like you people have confused the inner beauty of the person and the outside appearances. We suffer from functional narcissism which serves the self, rather than others. So, instead of making life’s decisions according to personal responsibility, we make decisions according to personal convenience. Anything today seems to be acceptable if it makes life look easier. Hope one day you realize that there’s more to see in life than outside appearances.

I advise you to Read The Dalai Lama's "Art of Happiness". It will give you insight to look into yourself and re evaluate your priorities.

Good Luck

Having a mental disorder has nothing to do with your intelligence, someone who is so smart should know the difference.

IS ANYONE TAKING ADDEROLL WITH LEXIPRO?

The “Adverse Reactions” section of Adderall’s warning label states “[p]sychotic episodes at recommended doses.” That's why you shouldn't take it to lose weight. Adipex contains a lower dose of amphetamine than Adderall, but still requires strict regulation and should not be taken for extended periods of time. Adderall & Adipex contain amphetamines; amphetamines cause psychosis, PSYCHOSIS IS A MENTAL DISORDER.

I was reading over these posts and just had to say something. I am appalled at how easily it is for people to say that it is self indulgent and selfish for a person who is overweight to want to lose. If you have ever been overweight you would understand how emotionally crippling it can be. I hate when people say eat right and exercise...that's the right way to do it. Please! I eat right and I exercise 45 minutes every single day. My colesterol is 126 and my good cholesterol is high and the bad is low. I am the picture of health...yet I am 60lbs overweight. I try very hard to lose weight. And don't tell me I should be glad to be healthy...your health is important but so is how you feel about yourself and your appearance. The other day my little boy who is only 6 years old was on the play ground when some other kids started saying his mother (me) was fat. He was obviously upset about something but didn't want to tell me because he thought it would hurt my feelings. How it broke my heart to think he had to carry that around with him. If there were a miracle drug for weight loss I'd take it in an instant...side effects and all. So those of you who pull your little self riteouse act be glad you have your holyer than thou attitudes, house keepers and thin bodies to keep you happy. I'm sure you all sleep better!

I do not have ADD or ADHD, but I take 70ml of adderall a day for weight loss. It's a miracle drug.

I take Adderall and Lexapro daily. I have gained weight in the last year since starting the Adderall. I don't know which one has increased my appetite but the benefits of both meds far outweigh the weight I've gained. Has anyone else had this same problem? I have considered going off the meds to lose weight but functioning daily is my priority no matter how unhappy I am with my weight.

No offense, but it sounds like you may be abusing the medication, or at a minimum, using adderall as a performance enhancer. You cite your performance on the CPA exam as a proof of some sort? And it sounds like you've tried to circumvent the law by sending a third party to obtain adderall on your behalf. It also sounds like you've tried to go to a different doctor on your own. If you're running out of your medication within the time allotted, then there is a problem. You are likely over consuming the allotted amount per day to prolong its effects, or to state it another way, to maintain your high. Adderall is an amphetamine, the only difference is that Adderall is supposed to have diminishing effects based on the amount you take, which means the more adderall you take, the less it works. This is why adderall is purportedly non-addictive, and what make adderall different from other amphetamines. If the monthly allotment isn't enough, then you really need to go and see your doctor to find out why.

I take adderall for ADD and am appalled that people are trying to get this drug simply for weight loss. Instead of looking to take the easy way out by taking a pill to lose weight, why don't you try diet, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle? If you cannot stand to be overweight, why did you not do something when you first started gaining weight?

I work very hard to stay fit, it is not easy but it is a lifestyle choice that I have chosen for myself ever since I can remember.

Good luck losing the weight (hopefully drug free).