Hello. I am a guy who is 26 years old and I suffer from depression. My psychiatrist told me that I could use Adderall or Zoloft, but I would like to know which one is more effective so I could know which one to take. I know that both have alternative uses, but I don't know if that matters at all. Which one is better?

I don't think that either one is better. For some, Adderall does the trick, and for others Zoloft is the best one there is. I have a twenty years old daughter who was treated because of her depression with Zoloft. It gave her some nasty side effects. Than she switched to Adderall and everything was ok. She doesn't takeany meds now, thank God. But I heard of other cases where the situation was reverse. So, I think that you should try one of them, and if it doesn't work as you want it to, than switch to the other.

Adderall is generally used for ADHD, whereas Zoloft is for depression. I have been prescribed both. This is the first time I have heard of Adderall being used for depression, and I will tell you that the adderall makes me have panick attacks from afternoon to morning, making me not sleep at all. I also just researched interactions between the two meds on ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and they show a MAJOR warning when mixing them do to the SSRIs Which scares the heck out of me....