Hi, I have deviated septum and have been advised to take a surgery. Is it the only option? I believe it’s the most efficient way to correct flow in nasal cavities and diminish chronic sinusitis.

Hi, I had septoplasty, a urgical treatment to correct nasal septums. Since, then I have much less sinusitis problems. My nose is not congested, I can breath normaly and don’t have to take nasal sprey everywhere around. The ideal nasal septum should be exactly midline, separating the nose into two passageways of equal size. But, most people have deviations from center, and it is not generally noticed. A "deviated septum" occurs when the septum is severely shifted away from the midline. this results in breathing problems and can provoke repeated sinus infections. A surgery is easily performed and has extremely low risk for patient.