Hello!
I was wondering what are the costs for laser septum sinus surgery? What is the efficiency of laser septum sinus surgery?

It depends on your insurance. I hope it is covering it, because this operation could cost you more than 15 thousands dollars... this is above minimum, I think. Let’s say up to 20 thousands.
Well, surgical lasers are on the field of otolaryngology more than 20 years, but their use in rhinologic surgery has still remained relatively limited. In laser technology, development of the holmium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG) laser was achieved. YAG is a device that offers characteristics that are effective in precise sinus surgery. So, laser sinus surgery is effective and can be coupled with and effective as nonlaser techniques in relieving the symptoms of chronic sinusitis. Laser surgery offers improved intraoperative hemostasis. The bad side is, it causes increased postoperative tissue edema.

I don't know why anybody would waste that kind of money just because it says "laser" as part of the surgery. I just know that I was miserable and could not breathe through my nose and suffered from recurrent sinus infections termed "chronic sinusitis". Finally after being kicked around from doctor to doctor, I found the best sinus surgeon in Los Angeles, Dr. Alen Cohen. I saw him and right off the bat he said you have chronic sinusitis, a deviated septum and large turbinates. He said since you're not getting better surgery is the next step. He explained the surgery in detail to me and said he does "minimally invasive endoscopic sinus surgery" so the pain is usually less with less downtime. You still have to go under general anesthesia. I had the surgery a month later. Now it's 3 weeks later and i feel better than I have in the last 10 years. Can breathe fully, no headaches and my snoring is gone. Why would anyone continue to suffer with these results. This is his number I recommend him to anyone with nose or sinus issues. He is super-busy so be prepared for a wait.

I totally agree with you! I went to Dr. Cohen for sinus surgery and repair of my deviated septum and was very impressed by his professionalism and his care of me throughout surgery and afterwards. The drive to his office is well worth it and I just can't say enough about Dr. Alen Cohen, the best of the best!

Thanks for your input here because I just went to Dr. Cohen for my recurrent sinus headaches and nasal congestion and am very comfortable with his treatment plan to attack my allergies, fix my deviated septum, shrink my turbinates and do some limited sinus surgery. He is very knowledgeable and professional and made me feel very confident in him. I'll let you know how the surgery goes! Nicole.

For those of you that went to Dr.Cohen. I love him, he makes me super confortable. Only problem is we are now scheduling my surgery and I have never heard of the facility its supposed to be at. Can any of you give reviews?

I had my surgery at Avanguard Surgery Center in Tarzana and although I was a little skeptical at first, the experience was excellent. It's a small surgery center and on that day only 3 surgeries for Dr. Cohen and 2 surgeries by another doctor so I got great care from an attentive nurse and anesthesiologist. The whole exepreince and Dr. Cohen was great, if you have to have surgery....

I recently went to Dr. Cohen for my nasal polyp surgery per my allergist's recommendation.  He is very busy and professional and his care is second to none.  I felt that he explained the procedure in detail to me and all of the pre and post surgical concerns.  I scheduled the surgery for 3 weeks from now and can't wait to breathe through my nose again.  He also told me that after surgery I would need to be on a nasal spray for at least a year or longer to prevent the polyps from coming back.  I have to say he is very personable, honest and caring and with his reputation, I feel no need to go anywhere else.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***