My son is 7 years old and has deviated nasal septum. It is result of the birth trauma. He is not ugly, but I am thinking that it is better for him to have septoplasty now other then later. I’ve been told that there is no medicine for deviated nasal septum. Do you think that it is fear that I decide about the nose instead of him?

I think that he will be grateful to you one day because this. I had nasal deviation until my 17 year of age. I was ugly and I had breathing problems as addition. My dad didn’t let me to do septoplasty before. Septoplasty is not complicated surgical procedure and it is performed very often. Not only with people who have health problems like deviation of the nasal septum is, have some people done it for only esthetic purposes. . I am ok now, but I would like that this had happed earlier.