i was wondering if having my deviated septum fixed with septoplasty would change the appearance of my nose? cuz i know that the deviated septum is the reason for my nose being a little crooked. just curious, thanks.

It depends. It usually doesn’t but it might. The reason of possible change in nose appearance after septoplasty lies in two things. Since one part of the nasal septum plays a role in nose shape, it may happen that exactly this part needs repositioning or needs to be removed in the surgery. However, surgeons do their best not to change anything in the appearance unless a patient specifically indicates to. Still, there are slight chances of small alternation.

Another possible reason of nose shape alternation is formation of hematoma after the surgery. This is so called post op complication that means that bleeding occurred and that blood has trapped under the septum lining. If this hematoma gets infected, it may lead to change in nose appearance.

Has anyone tried medication and succeeded in reducing the inflammation of inferior turbinates? My doctor advised me to go for surgery to straighten the deviated septum and reduce the turbinate. Is there any side effect?

I wonder if anymore succeeded in using medication to reduce the inflammation of inferior turbinate. My doctor advised me to go for septoplasty and turbinate reduction as it is caused by deviated septum. Btw, is there any side effect?

I have a deviated septum too! I heard that if it disfigures you they sometimes give you like a nose job, but if you dont want that and are fine with your nose (like me) then just tell them. If you do want that fixed then mention it to your doctor and see what he or she says!