How Alpha Lipoic Acid works? Is it true that taking Alpha Lipoic Acid with vitamins stops the aging process? Is there any product on the market that contains this and has this effect? I am already taking bunch of supplements and to be honesty, it is affects my budget plus I am always confused which multi vitamin to take.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is unique, because it can protect cells throughout the body, also plays a primary role in the metabolic process, aids in sustaining normal blood sugar levels, helps support the nervous system and provides nutritional support for normal liver function and is absolutely essential for normal function of the antioxidant system. I found here online a product anti aging supplement that combines a natural multi-vitamin-mineral pill with a broad variety of potent antioxidants, including vitamin E, vitamin C, lycopene, lutein, grape seed extract, alpha-lipoic acid, coenzyme Q-10, and green tea extract. It contains over 20 vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in daily doses that are all most people need in a multi. It sounds great, but I haven’t tried it.

Ala does nto stop againg but it helps especially if combined with A-lcartinie(alcar) However Ala has be shwo to be not as efficent. There is a better upgrade R-Alpha Lipolic Acid. You need to do some research on this but combining it with alcar has shown to help with the aging process.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is a very useful compound that acts as an anti-oxidant in both fatty and aqueous tissue, helps liver detoxification and improves insulin sensitivity. Good stuff.

As with all anti-oxidants, it does exert an anti-aging effect, however to really make inroads against the aging process it is important to control both oxidation and glycation (which gets a lot less attention). Glycation is a binding of protein and sugar molecules and essentially occurs as a result of excessive carbohydrate intake.

The lower your insulin levels, the slower you age. No-one requires a supplement to lower their insulin levels.

Regards, Marek -

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed