I have recently been diagnosed with a cataract and also raised pressure behind both eyes. I have seen adverts on the internet for vitamins that claim to lower the pressure - thus helping prevent gloacoma.

Does anyone have any information or personal experience of this?

Lynn

A couple of different vitamins I have heard help relieve glaucoma are vitamin B12 and vitamin C. Vitamin B12 is a great natural remedy to help improve eyesight and relieve glaucoma damage. The most effective way to take vitamin B12 is to spray it under your tongue. Vitamin C works to relieve excess fluid build up in the body, including the eyes. And it also works to help ease the flow of blood out of the eye. Take 1,500 mg a day of vitamin C to help relieve and treat glaucoma.

Taking 150 mg a day of Alpha-Lipoic Acid will help lower the pressure in the eyes. The best combinations for alpha-lipoic acid are natural supplements that contain 500 mg of magnesium and 1,500 mg of vitamin C.

Ask your doctor what he/she recommends but know that there are natural remedies out there can help alleviate some of the symptoms. Good luck!