Is there a brand of OTC vitamins or multi vitamins that are considered top of the line? Which are best, which do I avoid? Are vitamins just expensive urine makers? 8-?

I think that you can find some pretty good multivitamins but I don't know about any that are considered top of the line or anything like that! I would say that you are best off getting something that's a reputable brand like Centrum or something like that. I do take one per day but I don't think I have noticed it does anything. Does anyone else have a favorite brand?

Try consumerlab.com. Unbiased supplement reviews. Might give you the answers you seek :-).

I have been using Kirkland Daily Multivitamin Pack for a few months now. It already has 1 Multivitamin, 1 Vit C, 1 B-complex, 1 Vit. E, 1 Ginseng extract, 2 Calcium. I take all of these except the 2 calcium tabs before i go to work. I am a Nurse, I need my Multivitamins to keep my systems running, I need Vitamin C to heighten my immune system, since i am always exposed to a lot of diseases in the hospital, which makes me more vulnerable to infection and other diseases. I need some Vit B's since this is good for the nerves, Vit B complex makes me more alert and makes me make the right decisions as quickly as possible. Ginseng extract boosts my energy which increases my stamina while working.

I usually don't take calcium on a daily basis. I usually take it on intervals. Since I already have a history on my kidneys when i was still in preschool, and i have heredofamilial tendencies on gall stones. And whenever i take calcium supplements, i see to it that i would increase my hydration, to promote its excretion in the kidneys, and also to prevent constipation, calcium tends to make you constipated.

When you choose a multivitamin/supplement, you have to consider a lot of things, like :
- any present/past health condition that may be affected
- any other drugs you are taking right now, that may alter the effect, or maybe contraindicated if you take some kind of vitamin.
- your lifestyle (what are your needs)
- and yes of course, the price of the product, is the content of the supplement worth the price.

Note: I personally do not recommend this or other multivitamin brands. A good Balanced Diet (with Fruits, Nuts, Vegetables, Meat, Fish, and lots of fluids) is still the BEST multivitamin source we can have.

Note: When taking multivitamins, again, make sure to increase you hydration to help/facilitate the substances' excretion in the kidneys.

May I suggest checking out the X-factor by Plexus. I know I was able to eliminate several others just by adding this one and both my husband and I are taking it. If you would like more information on it feel free to contact me

Healthy eating like fruits & vegetable remains the best source of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. A multivitamin is not a substitute for healthy food or a healthy lifestyle, but we can also provide a nutritional back-up for a less-than-ideal diet. "If your diet eliminates whole food groups or you don’t eat enough variety of foods -- you would benefit from a once-daily multivitamin. Tried Hercules Multi with Energizing Ribose it is a multi-vitamin preparation that supplements the human diet with vitamins, dietary minerals and other nutritional elements combined to optimize proper nutrition. It has a combination that blends vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Ribose, a naturally formed molecule, added for energy production in cells.